Zanara Court

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

Zanara Court

Post by SydenhamOwl »

http://www.acornnewhomes.co.uk/property ... 6-P211663/

"Sydenham, being one of South East London's most exciting hot spots with its vast open spaces and diverse range of eateries"

Hmmm
angela53

Re: Zanara Court

Post by angela53 »

Sorry to have to disagree but I think they are quite ok and better than what was there beforehand
Nothing has to be perfect, I am happy with good enough
sherlomi

Post by sherlomi »

I dont know where Zanara Court is - please tell me.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

sherlomi wrote:I dont know where Zanara Court is - please tell me.
New development on Sydenham Road. Opposite Calabash of Culture and Cherry and Ice.
bjc

Post by bjc »

Before...

Spark plug

Post by Spark plug »

I heard a rumour the old Volkspares site will be new council flats,twenty was mentioned.
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

£400K for a 1 bed flat in a middling town in Zone 3 borders :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

World's gone mad
mosy

Post by mosy »

rod taylor wrote:...and those kind of boxy apartments are so characterless.
I'm guessing you mean the featureless insides of boxes?
If so, I'm 50/50 on that as although og skirtings and fancy cornices or plate racks and dados look nice, they aren't half dust collectors, which is not good with asthma on the rise.

The absence of a chimney breast plus alcoves is perhaps most noticeable, which unfortunately makes cupboards look out of place just stuck there. (You'll notice that you rarely see a cupboard or wardrobe in show flats.)

That said, they're perfectly adequate if you just want somewhere to hang your hat, which probably means you haven't accumulated 30 years' worth of junk and memorabilia, oh yes and kids lol, to need nooks and crannies for ;)
---
The assumed deposit for the 1-bed flat linked of £77K is I suppose a sign of the times.

Zanary Court looks OK to me, the density of these new blocks springing up is a concern though.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Not having seen them without the scaffolding, my impression is that there has been a definite attempt to make them fit in with the surrounding buildings which is quite positive compared to some other developments.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Yes Pally, the council insisted on the facade and materials being sympathetic alongside its neighbours for Zanary Court.

It's different from blocks built on their own spacious ground in that respect that can develop their own character or attributes. Though how the blocks behind The Greyhound were approved remains a mystery to me.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

That price for a one bedroom flat is insane. What sane person would pay that?!
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

A Russian or Chinese one.
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

Definitely much better than what was there before. :D
Pally

Post by Pally »

mosy wrote:Yes Pally, the council insisted on the facade and materials being sympathetic alongside its neighbours for Zanary Court.

It's different from blocks built on their own spacious ground in that respect that can develop their own character or attributes. Though how the blocks behind The Greyhound were approved remains a mystery to me.
Trouble is , some "built on their own spacious ground" are most definitely not built to "develop their own character or attributes!" The ones behind the Greyhound have to be an improvement on the monstrous Army green box things in Bell Green ....on the main road before the traffic lights crossroads with Perry Vale and Sainsburys Road !
Spark plug

Post by Spark plug »

Update on the Volkspares site,it's forty council flats not twenty.No Idea when the redevelopment starts
alywin

Post by alywin »

bensonby wrote:That price for a one bedroom flat is insane. What sane person would pay that?!
Well, there was one going on Venner at £425K, I believe. Don't know what the buyers actually paid for it.
TredownMan

Post by TredownMan »

Last edited by TredownMan on 21 Jan 2018 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

Dare I ask where the residents of Zanara Court will park their cars? The residents in the surrounding roads struggle to park their cars due to Sydenham Station commuters, Sydenham Road Shoppers and the endless shop staff and estate agents parking their cars in the area. Residents can't park and now a load more flats with no parking facilities.
PEHDTSCKJMBA

Post by PEHDTSCKJMBA »

syenhamboy wrote:Dare I ask where the residents of Zanara Court will park their cars? The residents in the surrounding roads struggle to park their cars due to Sydenham Station commuters, Sydenham Road Shoppers and the endless shop staff and estate agents parking their cars in the area. Residents can't park and now a load more flats with no parking facilities.
Why would you assume the new residents will have cars? A huge amount of us don't.
syd

Post by syd »

PEHDTSCKJMBA wrote:
syenhamboy wrote:Dare I ask where the residents of Zanara Court will park their cars? The residents in the surrounding roads struggle to park their cars due to Sydenham Station commuters, Sydenham Road Shoppers and the endless shop staff and estate agents parking their cars in the area. Residents can't park and now a load more flats with no parking facilities.
Why would you assume the new residents will have cars? A huge amount of us don't.

Right!! I got rid of my car 12 years ago we have great transport links and now combined with Uber I don't see the point in a metal box sitting outside my house 5 days a week