local table saw?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
orgone

local table saw?

Post by orgone »

Following in my tradition of way-off-topic posts, is there anyone near Sydenham Station who owns a table saw with a fine blade, suitable for chopping a thin slice off of a 80cm perspex sheet? Actually, would be great to know someone who I could bother to do the odd cut every rare once in a while, slip 'em a couple of bob/buy them a drink (*after* the sawing bit :)) in exchange for their kindness. I seem to have bought a place without a workshop - don't know that happened. If you own such kit, please drop me a message here and i promise I won't turn your life into a hell of silly requests for DIY assistance.

And if anyone knows of any kind of community workshop (assuming such a thing exists), I would appreciate knowing more.

thanks, all

- cal
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

hi orgone

have you tried sydenham diy, next to the bookshop ? they have a wood shop in the back, and a saw which they use to cut all different thicknesses of wood and ply.

i dont know whether the same blades can be used for perspex, but they are worth a go.

sydenham diy is one of the gems of sydenham, along with the bookshop. they have everything in there. and it's the sort of place where, if you need one widget, then you can buy just one, and dont have to buy two dozen, a la homebase.
orgone

Re: local table saw?

Post by orgone »

Brilliant suggestion. I've been in several times and they are indeed very good. Sadly they can't cut perspex (special blade) so I had to go back to the supplier, but it all worked out in the end. thanks much for the reply!

o