Noise from Crystal Palace festival

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydenhamgardener2

Noise from Crystal Palace festival

Post by sydenhamgardener2 »

This seems to have been going on all day. I can still hear it, even though I am a mile from the park and it is 11pm. This is really very unfair and inconsiderate. Does the music need to be so loud? It must be quite literally deafening by the stage.
angela53

Re: Noise from Crystal Palace festival

Post by angela53 »

Awe - it happens once per year

The youth are enjoying themselves as I did all those years ago

Live and let live - worse things happen at sea
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

The festival and music stopped at 9pm so I think the music must be coming from somewhere else I'm afraid!
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

Don't be a Scrooge or Victor Meldrew it only happens once a year. buy some ear plugs now for next year.

Better still attend and get into the spirit.
MagmaTimes

Post by MagmaTimes »

sydenhamgardener2 wrote:This seems to have been going on all day. I can still hear it, even though I am a mile from the park and it is 11pm. This is really very unfair and inconsiderate. Does the music need to be so loud? It must be quite literally deafening by the stage.
Whereabouts are you based? There was a VERY loud garden party with karaoke on Peak Hill Gardens which continued until 12.30. It could've been this that you were being disturbed by.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I have no problem with the CP festival precisely because it finishes , as advertised at 9.30.
A load of selfish people playing loud music after that is entirely different and I can see why someone would be upset and wouldn’t brand them a moaner at all .
EUSSR , you’d hate it living near me - sometimes I go out the garden until 10pm and crank up my silence to number 11, swamping my neighbours with an impenetrable wall of silence , often continuing long after I’ve gone to bed .
It’s a funny old world where the anti-social are tolerated but the considerate are sniggered at .
A very quiet afternoon
Nigel