Commercial unit for let

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JMLF

Commercial unit for let

Post by JMLF »

Just thought I’d flag up the small unit for let by Network Rail (I believe) at Penge East station on the Newlands Park side. Presumably a former ticket office/storage space and more recently a relatively short lived coffee shop.

As mentioned in another thread, the detached building on Venner just off the high street (between Pedder and Venner Hall) is still for let I presume through a private party (number is in the window).

As these aren’t on the high street/Kirkdale I just thought I’d pop them on here for any budding business people!
JRW

Re: Commercial unit for let

Post by JRW »

The old carriage house would make a brilliant cycle repair shop; close to the station, so convenient for commuters?
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sadly the last attempt didn't last long: https://goo.gl/maps/HyEnhcUdnu72

Trewsbury Road was the home to one of London's great bike builders: Charlie Roberts who, like the club moved out many years ago - he to Anerley, they to Sevenoaks. His son had a shop in Croydon and is now retired in Spain. But here is a reminder of the original Sydenham moniker:

Thankfully we do have some good repair shops within a short cycle ride. I'll give a shout for Winston at SE20 Cycles.

Stuart
Isha

Post by Isha »

Hi, thanks for this. We are about to move to Sydenham and my boyfriend is looking for a space to work to be able to do some part-time antique restoration, preferably a non-commercial unit, a garage or something similar would be great, but we will definitely look into this.
I just posted a request in the Wanted section of the forum hoping someone can help: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19229