Sydenham Assembly 1 December 2018

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JRW

Sydenham Assembly 1 December 2018

Post by JRW »

The next Sydenham Assembly is on 1 December, and the mayor will be coming to do a Question Time session. Let's get some good questions lined up.

I am gathering photos of current planning issues in Sydenham; it shoud be easy, as we have so many to choose from! I am making a slideshow for the Assembly, demonstrating the extent of the problems we are facing. Email your photos to sydenhamplanning@gmail.com; I can only use 2 or 3 images for each development, so i can't use everything you send in. I will pick the best images, to build an effective presentation.
Growsydenham

Re: Sydenham Assembly 1 December 2018

Post by Growsydenham »

Which issues do you have in mind?

It’s good of the Mayor to come and I’m looking forward to hearing from him
rustya

Post by rustya »

One major issue is the zebra crossing just before Lawrie Park road leading up Westwood hill.

Personally myself and scores of others are almost run over on this zebra crossing as drivers concentrate on the horizon and not the road.

We have to have a deterrent to speeding at this point in the road.
A camera would def work and better visibility. Especially when it’s dark commuting to and from work.

Additionally having a box junction where Kirkdale and Westwood hill intersects with the roundabout would stop cars and vans from blocking the roundabout and reduce - for sone are at least the emission of pollution (as they have stop start technology).
Double parking in the roundabout makes the air worse than if you were stationary.

Maybe traffic lights would solve all this ?
admin
Site Admin

Sydenham Assembly Saturday 1 December 2018

Post by admin »

Agenda for the December meeting:

http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ ... 98&EVT=105

1. Welcome from the Chair
2. Assembly Fund Presentations and Voting
3. Fun Palaces Feedback with slide show
4. Local Democracy Review
5. Mayor’s Questions with Damien Egan
6. Announcement of votes and funding awarded
7. Close of formal Assembly Business. Please vacate the Assembly meeting space promptly to allow the Spontaneous Productions team to set up the stage for the Pantomime. Please feel free to enjoy the licensed bar, tea, coffee and mince pies.
8. Festive programme - Festive entertainment at Sydenham Library
All entertainment free.

14.00 – 14.30 Cinderella performance

14.30 – 15.30 Lantern workshop and kids entertainment in the Library

15.30 – 16.00 Carols by the Xmas tree

16.00 Literary Square Xmas tree switch-on with Mayor Damien Egan

Tea, coffee and mince pies will be available
JRW

Post by JRW »

Come and chat over the best questions to ask the Mayor, this Tuesday, 27 November at 7pm, at the Sydenham Community Library. Find out the latest news on the Monstrosity and other planning disasters. All welcome.
Growsydenham

Post by Growsydenham »

I'm looking forward to hearing from the Mayor - and hopefully there'll be enough time for more than just planning...
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

We are looking forward to seeing you at the Sydenham Assembly on Saturday starting at 11.30am. Damien is joining us for a question and answer session - as well as giving some community updates.

If you live in the Sydenham ward you should have received the door to door leaflet - please click on the link below for the online version
https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/ne ... ER2018.pdf

After the Assembly there will be time for refreshments with the free panto Cinderella starting at 2pm. This will be followed by a workshop to make a Christmas lantern and we will end the afternoon with carols and lighting of the Christmas Tree on Sydenham piazza.
Spontaneous

Post by Spontaneous »

If you live, work or study in Sydenham please do come along to tomorrow's Sydenham Assembly meeting at Sydenham Community Library, from 11am-1pm, as you have a chance to vote on the James Ross Hunter Youth Support Community Organisation's funding bid for an exciting theatre project to be staged next May in collaboration with Sydenham-based theatre company Spontaneous Productions . This project will create an original theatre show, by and for young people, about knife crime and gang culture's impact on society. We need your votes so please do come along - and stay after for the free Christmas panto show Cinderella (at 2pm) and other Christmas-y activities!
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Be interesting to know what constitutes “living in Sydenham” as I haven’t received anything through the letter box (and didn’t previously when there was an important local event to be publicised by the council/Sydenham Society). I’m SE26 but literally about 50 paces over the Lewisham boundary into Bromley with Sydenham high street and Sydenham overground my daily haunts.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Lewisham Council delivers the Sydenham Assembly Newsletter to residents living in Sydenham ward and we don’t deliver across the borough boundary. We do have an online version:
https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/ne ... ER2018.pdf

We also have information in Sydenham Community Library - you will be very welcome at the Assembly tomorrow to discuss local issues - we are starting at 11.30am.