LBC via Freeview 732 has stopped working

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
mosy

LBC via Freeview 732 has stopped working

Post by mosy »

Has anyone else found they can't get any sound from Freeview LBC Ch.732 even though it appears to be "On air"? Re-tuning finds the channel as normal but I still have no sound even though all other channels work perfectly well.

On my DAB radio and one via FM it is still OK, just seems to have no sound on Ch.732 for the last couple of days.

Any ideas as to why?
Is it just me (as they say)?

Ta
mosy

Re: LBC via Freeview 732 has stopped working

Post by mosy »

Ah, I see it's moved frequency, per: https://www.a516digital.com/2019/01/fre ... ic-fm.html
LBC is now 792 , and Classic FM is now 790.

Only problem with that is that my retune on Friday (which I did on spec) did find 790 and 792 with no problem, but both still show as "Off Air" :(

Does yours work on the new channels? Ta.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Late reply.

I get approx 20 seconds of silence and then the sound kicks in - is yours fixed ?
mosy

Post by mosy »

Hi JGD. Yes, thanks. It turned out that the frequency move was temporary, so moved back to the old ones bringing a couple of problems with it which LBC "were aware of".

About a week after it was back on the original channels, the sound magically reappeared but it still recorded only silence. It's been OK for sound and recording for a week or two now. It does take mine maybe five seconds or so to get going but I think it always did. I hope yours sorts itself out soon.