Second Sydenham Town Forum Meeting

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Dom Johnston

Second Sydenham Town Forum Meeting

Post by Dom Johnston »

Hi everyone!

Hope all is going well and people are in good moods as the weekend beckons!

So, we've had a few weeks getting used to the new colours and tweaks made following on from the first meeting, so I think it's about time we arranged a second one.

The purpose is to try and come up with ways that we can get more people using the forum and to try and make it more user friendly.

Trying to get dates in the diary that more people can attend is the tricky bit, so would people prefer a weekday evening or a weekend lunch time?

If we can get a general consensus on what people prefer, we can get a date in the diary.

The more the merrier, so please do say when you can make it and when you can't and we'll get the most accommodating time.

Cheers,

Dom
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Second Sydenham Town Forum Meeting

Post by JGD »

Dom

Thank you for doing the leg-work once more.

For those of us who found their way to the Golden Lion on a Sunday lunchtime - that seemed to work quite well (and we know there was one poor self-confessed soul who sat in The Dolphin wondering where everyone was). The place seems big enough to cope with a group even if they are having a moderately busy lunchtime.

i can be available for the next month's Sundays - but equally can do weekday evenings.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Sunday lunchtimes good for me too, generally
mosy

Post by mosy »

It's a bit early for agenda items, but I seem to think that Town Kids used to be more active. It was mention of the possible regular coffee event being proposed by the Ignition, which prompted me to see if it had been duplicated in the Town Kids forum.

One suggestion before the meeting is to copy the sticky for the new events calendar onto other subforums, eg Town Kids and Town Stadium to avoid inadvertently missing their events.
Dom Johnston

Post by Dom Johnston »

I know that weekend's aren't convenient for everyone, but would like to try and get something that suits most people.

Unfortunately, the next 2 weeks are looking like no-gos for me as my better half is about ready to drop our first child, so if somebody else would like to take the lead on this meeting, that's fine. Alternatively, mid-March would work equally well?

If mid-March suits other people, then please do say so. I think 4 weeks is plenty of notice.

How is 17th March for everyone?

Thanks,

Dom
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

St Patrick's day is fine for me.

Trust everything goes swimmingly at home .
Dom Johnston

Post by Dom Johnston »

So, this Sunday was when the next town forum meeting was meant to take place, however, my wife and I are being induced this weekend, so I won't be able to attend.

If it is still going ahead, could somebody please take notes. Alternatively, I'm happy to rearrange for another date?

Feedback on which suits more would be great.

Thanks,

Dom
JGD

Post by JGD »

Dom's doing sterling work here.

However apart from my preliminary response - no-one has indicated their intention to attend.

So is there enough people who have as yet not said that they will attend but plan to do so ?

If not can we slide this say four weeks from 17 March, same place same time of day ?

And once more - good luck to Dom and his wife.
Dom Johnston

Post by Dom Johnston »

Much appreciated JGD :)

I am happy to head a meeting again in 4 weeks time if people are happy with that?

12:30pm on the 7th April? Meeting to start at 1pm.

That way it will give people chance to stroll across to the correct pub if they find themselves in an alternative establishment... :wink:

This isn't an elitist meeting, it's completely open to absolutely anyone who uses this forum, be it a serial poster or somebody who just reads and doesn't post anything. It's all about how to make the forum more user friendly, to make it more active and a go-to place for Sydenhamites for local news, gossip, events and things for sale etc.

Cheers,

Dom
JGD

Post by JGD »

Good for me !
JGD

Post by JGD »

Sorry Dom

I got 17 March at +4weeks as 14 April - not 7th - BH has just reminded me we are on a family weekend.

14th I can do.

Apologies.