DRAGONFLY YOGA SYDENHAM OPENING

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Dragonfly-yoga

DRAGONFLY YOGA SYDENHAM OPENING

Post by Dragonfly-yoga »

Hello ,

I am writing from Dragonfly Yoga Studio in Brockley . We are a fundraising activity for GMAX Trackstars Charity and we have 23 days to raise £30,000 to refurbish a 2 story yoga studio in Sydenham. OUR crowdfunder campaign is NOW LIVE and I wanted to reach out to Sydenham for your kind support for our new CROWFUNDER CAMPAIGN and in return you also have the chance of winning one of many of our Boutique raffle prizes! We would be able to promote Sydenham community as an advocate for GMAX Trackstars charity. Raffle prizes such as sweaty Betty or Barrys bootcamp vouchers, massages, yoga mats and many more are available to be won!

Would you be interested in donating please? Or alternatively, if you are able to share this to your social media or friends!
Clink on link to donate.

Crowdfunder UK

Dragonfly Yoga for Gmax TrackStars

We want to raise £30k to refurbish a 2 storey Yoga Studio to fund the 'GMAX track-stars' athletic programmes for children of all abilities.
#DRAGONFLYYOGA #CROWDFUNDER FOR #GMAXTRACKSTARS
GMAX charity provides athletic training on the track and field for youngsters who want to excel in sports and life opportunities! GMAX would like to incorporate yoga into some of their training and encourage kids to take part in Athletics as they have seen so many kids progress already. GMAX would like to to enhance awareness over the dangers out there for young children at the moment if they take the wrong route and so we want to make our community a safer place! We want to keep these kids out of trouble and provide new facilities and spaces for these children to train in and give them the chance to excel in Sports outside of School P.E and the core curriculum. Where have all the youth clubs gone!?

We have created a Crowdfunder campaign that will help to raise funds to refurbish a BRAND NEW Yoga studio in the heart of Sydenham High street ( South East London )! Through this special type of crowdfunding your help could truly make a change for the amazing children of London! If we manage to raise £30,000 through Crowdfunding, our new Yoga Studio which will expand over two large floors and will include Yoga classes, Athletic training and a Retail shop. All profits from the new Yoga Studio will fund GMAX Trackstars Academy Charity which will provide athletic programmes for children of all abilities.

The GMAX coaches are passionate and are dedicated to their athletes. We have even seen athletes develop into being ranked number one nationally. With less focus on youth clubs, this project allows young people to take part in physical activity no matter how much money your parents have ! GMAX is a charity based organisation that is on a mission to develop Olympic and Paralympic athletes ! ‘From Playground to Podium’ we want to put the great back into Great Britain and supportthe youth of today and represent our local community !

With this local community fundraising activity, the long-term goal is to create more safe environments to help disadvantaged children reach their full potential. In return, we will refurbish our brand new 2 storey Dragonfly Yoga Studio on Sydenham High street for all abilities!

Of course, with any generous and kind donation, we will promote Sydenham community over all of our Social Media Platforms in ! Virgin Money giving, Facebook, twitter, Instagram . If you also have any advice on whom I may contact for donations i.e HR or Marketing, please do let me know as I will contact them!

Best Regards,

Dragonfly Yoga Studio

Instagram: @dragonfly_yoga_london

Twitter: @DFYogaLondon

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dragonflyyogalondon/

Dragonfly Yoga Studio
Last edited by Dragonfly-yoga on 26 Mar 2019 08:24, edited 2 times in total.
Holaquease

Re: DRAGONFLY YOGA SYDENHAM OPENING

Post by Holaquease »

I think it's a worthwhile project and a really positive edition to the highstreet. Best of luck with the target.
Dragonfly-yoga

Post by Dragonfly-yoga »

Thank you!!!
prince

Post by prince »

I think it’s a great project which I fully support and I did write in to support the planning application. I am also willing to contribute to crowd funding.

However the new sign that has been installed is excessively big and out of proportion and I think unfortunately ruins the look of the new building.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

For those interested they have just added a few new rewards - one of which is for discounted 12 session pass for Yoga/Pilate/Meditation sessions at Sydenham.

Ps: Much like yourself doesn’t change how excited I am by the studio/space/project but yep bit on the big side that.
Dragonfly-yoga

Post by Dragonfly-yoga »

prince wrote: 26 Mar 2019 18:43 I think it’s a great project which I fully support and I did write in to support the planning application. I am also willing to contribute to crowd funding.

However the new sign that has been installed is excessively big and out of proportion and I think unfortunately ruins the look of the new building.
Hey! Sorry you don't like the sign...I shall feed that back..however, we seem to have a great response so far.. I am sure you will love what we have for the rest of the building!

Thank you for donating and showing your response we really do appreciate it.. we have new rewards up there and another to come.....Soon, I will be adding a reward linked with the Greyhound pub!

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/dragonfly-yoga
Dragonfly-yoga

Post by Dragonfly-yoga »

Our raffle has just been updated with some new prizes including a delicious meal out with friends at our local pub in #sydenham ... The #greyhoundpub You could win 4 MAIN COURSES AND A BOTTLE OF WINE with as little as £10 donation, Get donating for Sydenham #dragonflyyoga now guys! Only 17 days
left!

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/dragonfly-yoga

All profits made by the new yoga studio on Sydenham high street will go towards the GMAX tracksters charity.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Just a wee update for the forum - the project got a one month extension on crowdfunder for the Gmax trackstars portion of the project and is heading towards its final week shortly - here is the link for donations/rewards including the £75 12 class pass which lasts 3 months and raffles for 4 courses and a bottle at the greyhound, beers from bottlecave and more:
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/dragonfly-yoga#start

Unofficially I’ve been told the plan is for the studio to be open next month at the latest but if things progress swiftly maybe even the end of this month.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Received an email update..:

Dear Clients,

Dragonfly Yoga Studio Sydenham is officially opening it's doors on the 13.06.2019 !!!

Classes are available now for booking through our website, please see below:

https://www.dragonfly-yoga.org/timetable
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

Whatever the merits or otherwise of this business, I agree that the sign is far too big and intrusive and really detracts from what was the best new building on the High Street.