Resident Parking

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
PJWSON

Resident Parking

Post by PJWSON »

Hi there all you Sydenhamites, This forum is brilliant and a great way of communicating with each other. I moved into Sydenham just over a year ago with my partner, and are completely in love with the area, we live in Homecroft Rd just left of the traffic light by the betting shop. Our road and neighbours are fantastic, tyhe peopleof Sydenham the best.
There is one small nagging thing though. We are finding it more increasingly hard to park in our road - reason being - Homecroft Rd is used as a car park for the train station, I can never park when i get home in the early evening, yet when a train pulls in at the station watch the people pour down the road to their cars.
What do you all think about residents parking. Could the possibility of paying £30.00 a year guarantee us residents in Homecroft Rd parking or will the council after 1 year increase this amount to £300.00. It has happened Before. What do you all think.
Regards

Pj
JR

Hiya

Post by JR »

Hiya

I used to live in Gypsy hill and had the same experience.

One of my neighbours ended up scratching up the Park 'n' Rider's cars, threw eggs at them and some kind of paint strippers.

Needless to say, there was soon plenty of space for residents to park. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: