Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD »

If we are to assume as I have said before, that Chris Beach’s behaviour is compulsive and arises from or is based on some dysfunction or disorder, it is more and more likely that his behaviours will begin to look increasingly irrational and in terms of any rational person’s outlook, unpredictable.

What may be viewed as predictable is that his mindset will compel him to continue to strive to reach a stage where has proved to himself that it is everyone else at fault, he has done nothing wrong and possibly that the whole world is set against him.

Again, as I have said, should he fail to achieve this goal it may drive him to strive harder and harder in a vicious cycle. Ultimately and because it is evident that this cannot be achieved he will make himself or will become unstable and ultimately very ill.

You may retort “So what, I do not have a duty of care to him”
and in many ways this would be viewed as entirely reasonable. But equally if there is a risk of collapse or breakdown here and something more serious develops we must take cognisance of that as a possible outcome and perhaps tread cautiously.

Rachael and Stuart’s direct appeal to Chris Beach to stop are commendable both for practical reasons and for the reasons I lay out in this post.

Given the new evidence emerging in the last few hours, this really cannot now end well for Chris Beach.

If he has a real friend, that friend needs now to do the hard thing. Chris needs to be approached and and told it must stop. By persuasion or by the delivery of a hard message to him that it is he who has crossed a line that he has removed the remotest possibility of him regaining the community’s trust and potentially now exposes him to police investigation.

There is a harshness here, does such a friend exist and do they have the where-with-all and and courage to deliver that message ?

No one set out to destroy anyone else. There is a shed-full if evidence about Chris Beach’s wilful and destructive actions and the damage that has been done has been inflicted on real people.

Time to reflect, fellow posters, what outcome is wanted here or will prove to be acceptable ?
stuart

Post by stuart »

JGD wrote: 23 Jul 2019 06:20Time to reflect, fellow posters, what outcome is wanted here or will prove to be acceptable ?
There can be no real good outcome. Se23.life and certain reputations cannot escape damage. It just a question of how much, where. But what is unacceptable is:

1. Any SE23.mod/owner not adhering to to member guidelines. They should be expected to take a higher line, not lower.
2. A mod/owner using their special position and rights to the benefit of a personal agenda
3. Attacking fellow forums by underhand or illegal means for the benefit or promoting the life brand

I see that as making the current owner (mod?) incomptible with active participation with the life brand. Especially as their actions would probably be subject to a lifetime ban for others. How that seperation is managed is difficult but my red line is a policed seperation is pre-requisite. Is it too much to ask?

If they can do that and keep se23.life alive that would be good - even if it had to become a stripped down version returning to its core values. There is still a consensus, I think, that Forest Hill would be better with the forum than without it. If it could become a good neighbour so much the better.

Stuart
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

Well that's that. No longer a welcome talking point on the other site, they are happy with the support they are receiving for their actions /inactions, and will deal with any other threads arising to discuss the matter.

I would call that a pretty closing and final statement. I guess that solidifies their position on the matter. No wrong doing?

I also note that they refer to being happy with the current mod situation... Does this mean they are no longer looking for other mods to join the team?

Is this the last we will hear? Or does the puppeteer have plans?
stuart

Post by stuart »

I see over at SE23.life the mods have just locked the two threads that have dared to try and discuss the issues and the future. It's as if they want to force people to come here to discuss their own forum. Hmmmm ...

Stuart
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

stuart wrote: 23 Jul 2019 14:23 I see over at SE23.life the mods have just locked the two threads that have dared to try and discuss the issues and the future. It's as if they want to force people to come here to discuss their own forum. Hmmmm ...

Stuart
Maybe it's more "someone else can deal with it".
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

In recent days, the .Life teams have issued statements suggesting that a police complaint has been lodged against Nicola, a CRN assigned to the matter and that a police investigation is underway. Yesterday, Nicola voluntarily presented herself to Lewisham Police Station to assist the police in this matter to the best of her ability. The police conducted a thorough search of their systems and found no report or CRN lodged against Nicola (see attached memo).

Nicola also contacted other police authorities who conducted similar searches, each of which, again, revealed no reports or CRNs against her name whatsoever.

If it transpires that the information relating to the nature of police involvement was untrue at the time the .Life statements were posted online, police advice confirms that this could constitute a chargeable offence on the part of the .Life forums and those who posted the statements.

Attempts have been made to seek clarification from the SE23.Life team, but to date no CRN has been provided to Nicola despite requests to do so.
stuart

Post by stuart »

So can I get this straight? Chris says there is a police investigation, but the police say there is no investigation, the SE23 Mods are saying nothing and everybody else is not allowed to say anything. Getting stranger by the hour ...

Stuart
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

stuart wrote: 23 Jul 2019 16:23 So can I get this straight? Chris says there is a police investigation, but the police say there is no investigation, the SE23 Mods are saying nothing and everybody else is not allowed to say anything. Getting stranger by the hour ...

Stuart
To clarify I think it is CB and the mod team who all feel there IS a police report made, and an investigation underway. Unless of course this was a ploy to remove and retract the statement of wrong doing by CB. The mind boggles.

In the meantime the mods have indeed shut down any further discussion on the matter, this time stating they don't have the time to deal with all the additional questions and comments from people. How dare the users ask questions about security, trust etc on the forum.
hotterthanurex

Post by hotterthanurex »

Surely a p serious matter to strongly imply that someone is subject to a police investigation on a public forum?That with the fake accounts and original thread seems like a sustained campaign but id imagine nicola utterly sick of it all and wants to move on. Hopefully. Life mods can issue a public apology to her and admit the crn stuff was, as everyone thought anyway, nonsense. Think the new direction . Life is going in is the best way forward for now. Well done (all) mods, this can't have been easy. Think you found a good and workable compromise.
hotterthanurex

Post by hotterthanurex »

The main issue is we all saw this latest 'twist' a mile off. Rachel, in the novelisation of this thread can you change it so it turns out someone utterly blameless seeming is behind the whole thing? No one suspected.... the walrus....
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

Anyone want to hazard a guess at how long the "despite former threads" post will last, before that, along with its negative comments, will last?
hotterthanurex

Post by hotterthanurex »

I feel like a dramatic tie up with something else exciting, like the big aldi finally opening could be really effective? If there's going to be a big dance set piece ending it should be in the car park out front?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

hotterthanurex wrote: 23 Jul 2019 16:29 Surely a p serious matter to strongly imply that someone is subject to a police investigation on a public forum?That with the fake accounts and original thread seems like a sustained campaign but id imagine nicola utterly sick of it all and wants to move on. Hopefully. Life mods can issue a public apology to her and admit the crn stuff was, as everyone thought anyway, nonsense. Think the new direction . Life is going in is the best way forward for now. Well done (all) mods, this can't have been easy. Think you found a good and workable compromise.
Are you suggesting that the current mods on SE23 Life have found a solution by closing down discussion and ‘moving on’? Sadly I don’t think it’s really a solution. I have no confidence that CB will not continue to exert control from behind the scenes. Indeed, as he continues to finance the place, in cash terms and in the form of his time for technical services, what would be in it for him to step back altogether and just keep paying for it?

Meanwhile, the thing I find most worrying from JGD’s post is that the SE23 Life team have been asked by Nicola for the CRN and they have not given it to her. Why? Either it exists and they are refusing to give her information she is entitled to or it doesn’t exist and the whole thing is a fabrication designed to intimidate Nicola and cover CB’s admission of sock puppetry and using the SE23 forum to validate a false online persona. In either case, the whole SE23 mod team, despite I’m sure their best intentions and efforts, have been made complicit in wrongdoing at some level or another.

If the SE23 Life team give Nicola the CRN (or confirm the police investigation does not name her) all these questions go away. So why won’t they do it?
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

JGD wrote: 23 Jul 2019 16:12 In recent days, the .Life teams have issued statements suggesting that a police complaint has been lodged against Nicola, a CRN assigned to the matter and that a police investigation is underway. Yesterday, Nicola voluntarily presented herself to Lewisham Police Station to assist the police in this matter to the best of her ability. The police conducted a thorough search of their systems and found no report or CRN lodged against Nicola (see attached memo).

Nicola also contacted other police authorities who conducted similar searches, each of which, again, revealed no reports or CRNs against her name whatsoever.

If it transpires that the information relating to the nature of police involvement was untrue at the time the .Life statements were posted online, police advice confirms that this could constitute a chargeable offence on the part of the .Life forums and those who posted the statements.

Attempts have been made to seek clarification from the SE23.Life team, but to date no CRN has been provided to Nicola despite requests to do so.
Hang on? The police don't have a record of any report, no one's shown anyone a CRN, so it looks like the police investigation was just a tale spun by SE23Life to try to shut people up and stop them from talking about stuff that makes CB look bad? Does that sum things up?
Homecroft

Post by Homecroft »

brazil nut wrote: 23 Jul 2019 17:18
Hang on? The police don't have a record of any report, no one's shown anyone a CRN, so it looks like the police investigation was just a tale spun by SE23Life to try to shut people up and stop them from talking about stuff that makes CB look bad? Does that sum things up?
Pretty much.

As Rachael says, there is no good reason for them not to supply Nicola with the supposed CRN, especially seeing as the allegations in the now hidden post, implicitly named her repeatedly as the trouble maker, and later in the reason for removing the post, once again pointing the reasoning for the post going being to protect the possible legal case.

Now everything is hidden away, I expect there will be no more said on the matter from that camp.

Worth pointing out once again of course, this is NOT an isolated occurrence of this sort of behaviour. Merely the straw that broke the camels back. There are a couple of years of history of this kind of activity and treatment of people, so please don't buy into the "sleep deprived" bull.

This is the first time a large number of people have actually spoken out and asked questions. Regardless of their history with CB.
Maybe we will see a summary of past misbehaviour, some examples of other people who have been subjected to harassment, threats of legal action, and being humiliated on social media.
brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

Homecroft wrote: 23 Jul 2019 17:34
Pretty much.
WTAF? Surely they wouldn't stoop so low? I flipping well hope for their sakes they can produce a CRN sharpish - and NOT one that's dated today's date, or tomorrow's, we'll spot that trick straight away (*Waves*) They may be able to pull the wool over some people's eyes, but STF is watching...
hotterthanurex

Post by hotterthanurex »

Well I'm not saying it's the ideal solution but if they want to keep the site up it might be the only one? Beachy won't have a thread up that makes him look mega daft or step down as admin and owner because the. Life sites are part of his portfolio to show clients. I feel like he's shot himself in the foot by taking down the original thread and his apology because he created a void that was then filled by speculation. A lot of the vitriol on that thread was for the 'cover up' not Chris himself. It would have petered out on its own eventually... BP school of crisis management...
stuart

Post by stuart »

Gossipers here might want to check this out: https://se23.life/t/a-police-investigation/12678

Ignoring the pejoratives the question raised on SE23.life's own forum is clarify whether there is a CRN in the police database or not. That is a matter for them to check themselves. To not do so when so much is riding on it would be negligent.

Remember it was 'the gossipers' who first spotted the inconsistencies in the original sockpuppet posting that eventually led to the exposure of an individual. They did the job the Mods should have done.

Not asking for thanks but listening might have saved a lot of grief last time and nobody wants these doubts continuing.

Stuart
JGD

Post by JGD »

Further to Stuart's post.

Nick asserts,
"We are not going to spend any more time and effort commenting on hearsay or gossip presented on other forums."

He drinks in my local and has never displayed any fear to me with respect to Chris Beach's false allegation that I threatened Chris Beach and his moderators. Perhaps Nick believed that the threat had never been made or that if it had been made, did not apply to him. He certainly did not make any statement about Chris Beach's freakish madness of his entire illusory ban and the false reason for it. That was of course the falsity used by Chris Beach to impose my 1000 year ban.

That is why there are serious question to be addressed by moderators about the systemic failure of the team that were supposed to protect their community.

The question in my mind is this. In any given scenario what influences can be exerted on an a professional man to ignore incontrovertible fact and classify that fact as hearsay.

Further questions to be answered are these. How is this censorious action by moderators to be deemed to be to the benefit of the wider community? How are the erstwhile supporters of the moderators to be persuaded that their support has not been misplaced as evidenced by this "cease and desist" edict. is their voice now not to be heard and is it commanded to be silent too?

Here is the screen dump:

brazil nut

Post by brazil nut »

stuart wrote: 22 Jul 2019 13:13 Legal threats to SE23.COM: https://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.p ... 6#pid78836

Can anybody spot any defamation that isn't in that letter? It's almost like he wanting to screw-up the SE23.life mods rebrand as a forum at peace with its community. I think they need to start looking at the nuclear option as a contingency Plan C, or possibly D.

Or just remind Chris of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Stuart
I see he got his way. The thread's now littered with redactions.