New aldi

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
HappySyd

Re: New aldi

Post by HappySyd »

It’s due to open on 3rd October.
Sydenham Syd

Re: is Aldi happening in Sydenham or not

Post by Sydenham Syd »

angela53 wrote: 30 Jul 2019 21:36 Cannot find anything on the Aldi website as to whether the Sydenham Aldi is happening or not
Shame if it doesn't open in former Toys are Us
Well the signs are up outside the premises and they appear to be fitting it out, so I reckon that’s a fair sign it’s happening
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Direct form Aldi's website. Shame they describe it as Sydenham - it is in SE6 after all.

https://www.aldirecruitment.co.uk/
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sydenham, coupled with Tunbridge Wells. Shurely some mistake ... :)

Stuart
John H

Post by John H »

No. It is in SE26. The Google maps entry has the "2" missing.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Take cover quick John. The Bell Green Gang are sharpening their axes as I post ...

Stuart
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

stuart wrote: 31 Jul 2019 11:44 Take cover quick John. The Bell Green Gang are sharpening their axes as I post ...

Stuart
Naaah.

The Bell Green Posse does not have the SE6 Aldi in its top five at the moment.

The completion of the demolition of the gasometers; engaging in meaningful dialogue with its Bellingham community about future plans for the site (SydSoc have still to hold their first cross-community meeting at which ideas are actually discussed, so presumably it is dead); the forum thing in Forest Hill is full-blooded and full-on at the mo and one or two other pan-community consultation matters are taking up time and focus.

Don't know where the axe reference comes from - but then some say a hatchet job is an entirely different matter.
John H

Post by John H »

Thanks for the warning Stuart.

This area is a bit of a question mark area. Depending on which map you look at it is either SE26 or SE6. Pets at Home has an address in SE26... This seems logical. When this was a bit of open scrub it may well have been lumped in with SE6... but once it started to be built up things clearly changed.
alywin

Post by alywin »

We had flyers delivered today, so I guess it's either open or will be shortly - I didn't bother actually reading it :)
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Opening 8 am on 3rd.