High water pressure?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
KPR

High water pressure?

Post by KPR »

Anyone else notice this (lower Sydenham)? Pressure is so high pipes are rattling and am worried this is going to cause some kind of leak in the end - has happened before when Thames have been doing work, and their map online shows work at Kent House Road and Perry Vale. Last time they denied there was any issue when they came round, and then the pressure went back to normal after a few days.

Thanks.
mosy

Re: High water pressure?

Post by mosy »

Thames Water always deny everything I reckon. They insisted it wasn't their works that caused silt that clogged up the intake valves on my boiler, washer and dishwasher simultaneously - as if anything else could have caused it - a while ago.

Have you tried turning down your mains stop cock, often under the sink? In one house I lived in there was a small grid out front with a total stopcock but I think they're all sealed these days.
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

I’m no expert but is this why I had to get pro gas out to fix my 3 year old boiler ( expensive)? The pressure gauge was above 2 and pressure valve constantly dripping. Even after “fixing it” the needle still points at 2? It’s a nightmare!
mosy

Post by mosy »

Jollylolly, if your boiler was supposedly fixed, you should get them back for free if "2" is still causing dripping. I kinda know my boiler, but have no idea what's right for yours.
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

Thanks Mosy, yes I have emailed again. I have had them out since they said they fixed it and they keep saying it will be fine, but the water has started going cold now so will make another visit to them tomorrow.

Thames water forced a water meter on me (think everyone will have to have one - fair enough for environment/water usage responsibility etc) and I reckon problems started from that point. Could they have messed with pipes to cause this? I mentioned this to progas person who thought not but may as well put it out there to anyone in the know!?!
alywin

Post by alywin »

Not everyone will have to have one: if you have a (converted?) block of 2/3/4 flats with a single shared water main it's unlikely they'll be able to split it to fit your individual water meters.
KPR

Post by KPR »

Thanks - it’s not the boiler as that’s on normal pressure (1 bar) and the problem is when the cold taps are on. Waste of time asking Thames as they will deny it I think, so looks like I need a plumber. Water meter was fitted in April, so a little while ago- current issues are recent.