Station muggers

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Station muggers

Post by stuart »

Evening Standard appears to be a bit confused between Sydenham & Sydenham Hill stations but Lower Sydenham has been targetted too. Report here: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/p ... 28761.html

People of interest to the police:

owlwise

Re: Station muggers

Post by owlwise »

Thanks for posting this. We all need to be extra vigilant and stay safe everyone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In case anyone is wondering what happened to lots of points made earlier on this thread, it is because I deleted a troll's post, and hence the comments that followed made no sense so they went too.
Have a good day!
admin
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Thanks admin. I saw an awful post and chose not to respond. I will now...

The photos of the suspected perpetrators are excellent. I hope that their family and friends encourage them to confess before they are caught, because they clearly will be identified.

They will have a fighting chance of working their back into society, if they do the right thing.

It’s so depressing that these children are following a path that they will regret so very much. I cannot call them young men, as their behaviour is childlike.

It’s so important to report suspected criminal behaviour, so it can be intercepted early. You can easily tweet the met police now if you see something worrying.

We are seeing 2nd and 3rd generation entrenchment in some families and it just becomes so difficult to help this level of disconnection with what it is to be a good citizen.
All the nonsense about being a “grass” - pathetic.

We each have a responsibility to do good by each other. That’s how a good society works. We need to get that sense of community back somehow.
Neighbourhoods can take a downward spiral if trust is lost.

Most of the people in this area are loving and giving - I know all my close neighbours are. Certainly recent events will not break my love of this area, and my belief in the wonderful people of Sydenham.

Perhaps, on the launch day of Margaret Atwood’s new book “The Testaments” I have read one too many dystopian novels and fear what the alternatives might be, if we don’t cooperate better with each other...
Pally

Post by Pally »

Thanks for deleting admin!!
milton

Post by milton »

here's a thought, maybe the people in the photos are not the real problem?

The real problem is the mindset shown inthe post by the aptly named 'Clown' .

Crime will cease if we are all nice to each other. Of course it will.

think about it before you slag me off. and those in the pictures are not 'Children'.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Clown is not saying "crime will cease if we are all nice to each other"!
JRW

Post by JRW »

Hi Milton, are you admitting that EUSSR is your avatar?