Gunshots?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd

Gunshots?

Post by syd »

Blimey just jumped out of bed I heard what I though was several gun shots. Did anyone else hear anything?
Holaquease

Re: Gunshots?

Post by Holaquease »

Yes and thought the same.
syd

Post by syd »

So it not just me thank goodness, that was quite terrifying.
buzzbee

Post by buzzbee »

No I heard it too on my way home. Police immediately went past on Sydenham Road and another car just went by.

I heard four gunshots around by the Alfred way and then 3 more towards Kent House Road way
syd

Post by syd »

This is messed up i think it happened outside my house. It was deafening
Holaquease

Post by Holaquease »

More sirens.

They seemed to be moving, didn't they? Coming from a vehicle or something. And perhaps 2 slightly different sounds, or did I imagine that?
buzzbee

Post by buzzbee »

I definitely heard them in 2 different locations/directions so yes seemed like they were moving.
More police on their way down Syd Rd just now
syd

Post by syd »

Yes at least 8 shots the first rounds jolted me up and the second rounds were closer. I didn’t hear a car though I was listening for an engine hoping it was a backfire
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I heard the same,, was exactly 11.10pm, very sporadic fire, around 8 shots, like someone unloading the firearm. Presumably second firing less than a minute later.

Most disturbing.
syd

Post by syd »

I just looked outside and there are no police. That’s a bit worrying.
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

Where exactly in Sydenham did this incident take place?
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

I heard this. wondered if it was fireworks. I am in Fairlawn park and it sounded as if it was a few streets away. I had just come in from walking down the high street... it was just after 11
sophie

Post by sophie »

I was also woken up by what sounded like gunshots. I am in lower Sydenham not far from the Catholic primary school. I heard one police siren a short while afterwards but then nothing after that. Any news anywhere about it?
syd

Post by syd »

I think it happed in At the junction of Kent House Road and Watlington Grove. Watlington Grove seems like a hot spot https://www.police.uk/metropolitan/E05000452/crime
Jac

Post by Jac »

Is there any update on this.
We heard this from 3 different rooms in our house....all got a bit freaked out but no more info.
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

I've trawled the web, but haven't found any mention of an incident involving gun shots in Sydenham last night. Perhaps, as someone suggested, the sound was fireworks. I for one wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
syd

Post by syd »

El Cid wrote: 16 Sep 2019 10:21 I've trawled the web, but haven't found any mention of an incident involving gun shots in Sydenham last night. Perhaps, as someone suggested, the sound was fireworks. I for one wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
. I hope you’re right I’m sure the police would be looking if it was gun shots
buzzbee

Post by buzzbee »

Apparently gunshots in the air are to notify drug dealers that police are in the area - as potentially evidenced by the two police cars I saw/heard flying down Sydenham Rd
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

I would have thought that someone firing a gun would alert the police to possible criminal activity!