Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
mosy

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by mosy »

Thanks, Stuart.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

I have seen (too) many examples of his "automatic" messages.

They are generated by CB and the wording varies too much for them to be system generated.

Consistency in his fibbing little mind is not his forte.
stuart

Post by stuart »

JGD wrote: 1 Oct 2019 10:40Consistency in his fibbing little mind is not his forte.
That's not the point JGB. He will, I fear, never change. That's his problem more than ours. It's the wish and capability of the Mods to make SE23.life a safe and trusted place open to all the community. I don't envy them finding a way of achieving that and extract the poison and deceit that Chris injected through his posts and actions.

It would be good if they could be open about where they are. Surely they owe that to the community they wish to serve?

Stuart
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Moderated or un-moderated, Chris's mindset, based on his affliction does not allow him to cease and desist from his execrable and repetitious behaviours.

His mods on .life seem disinclined to exercise any modicum of moderation on his behaviours.

In such events of significant failure, it would be reasonable to think that any balanced moderator would dis-associate themselves from any connection to Chris. What level of fear or influence or imposition of "control" by Chris would prevent such dis-association. He cannot possibly have anything on these guys. They, in turn, cannot think it reasonable to ignore some harsh self-revealed facts from Chris or watch him resume the poisoning of the communities around SE23. Or do they cling to the role thinking they can make a change and there is kudos to be gained ?

But continue in this fashion on his .life sites and elsewhere, Chris certainly does.

And its impact on the moderator team's reputation is not insignificant. Lots of questions from the communities remain unanswered by the mods.

It has been noted that @SE23lifeChris was attempting to trash some poor devil's reputation on Twitter by imputing that as a ne'er-do-well they should be ignored.

Can't possibly guess what soul he was trying to victimise by his fibbing, malicious, malodorous. odious and badly-formed utterances.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Aha, JGD but given his credibility and reputation i'd rather be demonised by Mr Beach than be lionised. So no probs there :)

Stuart
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

JGD wrote: 4 Oct 2019 12:39

It has been noted that @SE23lifeChris was attempting to trash some poor devil's reputation on Twitter by imputing that as a ne'er-do-well they should be ignored.

I don't know about that, but I do see that account - which is an 'official' SE23Life account - retweeting political content from CBs personal account. His continued use of that account and in this particular manner seems to me to be a breach of the spirit of his new position on the forum. I would raise this with the moderators were I still a member.
JGD

Post by JGD »

stuart wrote: 4 Oct 2019 13:34 Aha, JGD but given his credibility and reputation i'd rather be demonised by Mr Beach than be lionised. So no probs there :)

Stuart
You have more than once reminded me that I should recognise the benefits of the positions we find ourselves in.

Thank you.
starman

Post by starman »

Can't figure out how to delete...
Last edited by starman on 6 Oct 2019 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
starman

Post by starman »

Rachael wrote: 4 Oct 2019 17:54His continued use of that account and in this particular manner seems to me to be a breach of the spirit of his new position on the forum.
That account always confused me. I recall it had the ubiquitous disclaimer: my opinions are my own. In which case he can tweet away. But it also has the air of an official account which would suggest the opinions, albeit personal are also those of the site.

It would appear I'm blocked from this official though maybe not official account as well. If it is being used in the manner you suggest, it doesn't quite fit in with the new normal the mods have expressed.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Over the course of the last week, he's used his various Twitter accounts (including SE23life and SE23lifeChris) to have - totally unsolicited and unprovoked - passive aggressive pops at JGD, Save Duncombe Hill Green, LewishamLowdown, JaneCanDoSE4 and "other local forums" (overtly meaning forums other than SE26life and SE23life). He's also championed a Twitter account run by a man who has publicly used the most vile language to describe me and others in the community. Perhaps he's going through another sustained period of sleep deprivation.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

starman wrote: 6 Oct 2019 22:55
It would appear I'm blocked from this official though maybe not official account as well. If it is being used in the manner you suggest, it doesn't quite fit in with the new normal the mods have expressed.
I'm also blocked. I've never understood the point of blocking people on Twitter, unless they are actively trolling you or being abusive (which I've never done, I hasten to add). It doesn't stop anyone from viewing your tweets. You don't even need a lurker account, you can just sign out and search for the account.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Yes Rachael. His does block to no discernable effect except to highlight his spiteful nature. He even blocks this website from his own. So much for community spirit. But there you go.

We just appear to be going round in circles. There isn't much point in adding this and the above to his list of misedemenours when the blatant Flavabaker fraud is sitting like a huge very dark cloud over Chris Beach's SE23.life. Or rather hidden and unpunished.

I think the Mods really did try to put things right to sideline Chris to the technical bit. But it doesn't appear to be working. He is using their SE23life brand and his other life sites to continue to pursue his personal vendettas as you predicted Rachael. He just can't help it.

I have a natural sympathy for what Mods have to cope with and can only wish them greater strength in bringing back SE23.life as a trusted brand to join what used to be a botherhood of neighbouring forums - helping each other root out abuse and abusers like Chris. At some stage they will have to decide whether to persuade him to stop it (unlikely), move to a Chris Beach-free platform or become apologists and co-collaborators of the harm he has and is doing. Or just walk away.

It's a sad spectacle. And totally self-inflicted.

Stuart
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

stuart wrote: 7 Oct 2019 13:51

I think the Mods really did try to put things right to sideline Chris to the technical bit. But it doesn't appear to be working. He is using their SE23life brand and his other life sites to continue to pursue his personal vendettas as you predicted Rachael. He just can't help it.

Well, I've certainly always said that it could never be expected that he would disassociate himself from the brands he established, although whether I've ever used the word 'vendetta' I'm not sure.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Rachael wrote: 7 Oct 2019 12:44 I'm also blocked.
He's commented on a tweet of yours recently too. It's very odd to block someone and then comment on their posts, knowing they won't see his response. He's done it with me, JGD and others in the past too (JGD very recently). So odd.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Rachael wrote: 7 Oct 2019 14:58Well, I've certainly always said that it could never be expected that he would disassociate himself from the brands he established, although whether I've ever used the word 'vendetta' I'm not sure.
Sorry, personal vendettas were my words. But I couldn't think of a more accurate description of what he does to luckless and often blameless targets. And then gets very upset if any should try and hold him to account for it.

That's why I don't think the Mods shold stand by and hope it will all blow away. Because he won't stop unless he is stopped. But I'm not holding my breath. I've wasted far too much time here. If people are prepared to overlook the Flavabaker fraud then there is nowt I can do to help.

Stuart
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Nic wrote: 7 Oct 2019 18:08
Rachael wrote: 7 Oct 2019 12:44 I'm also blocked.
He's commented on a tweet of yours recently too. It's very odd to block someone and then comment on their posts, knowing they won't see his response. He's done it with me, JGD and others in the past too (JGD very recently). So odd.
To be fair to CB, I’m only blocked by the SE23LifeChris account and that tweet came from his personal Twitter. However I hadn’t seen it until you mentioned it here and when I looked into why - and I swear this is true - Twitter algorithms had sequestered his reply to me as being from a potential troll. So I didn’t get a notification and the tweet was hidden under ‘more replies’ on my original tweet. I rarely go back to my own tweets to check replies, so this one passed me by!
Nic

Post by Nic »

Rachael wrote: 8 Oct 2019 08:31 Twitter algorithms had sequestered his reply to me as being from a potential troll.
Ha ha ha
Nic

Post by Nic »

An interesting read - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wire ... counts/amp

"Twitter...will begin to hide all tweets from some accounts in conversations and search results. The goal is to identify and filter trolls and harmful users, based...on how they use the social network holistically."

Examples of indicators they take into consideration in determining whether a user's tweets should be sequestered:

- whether an account tweets frequently at others who don't follow it
- whether you've confirmed your email address
- whether you've created multiple accounts from the same IP address
- whether you're frequently blocked by accounts you interact with
michael

Post by michael »

Nic wrote: 8 Oct 2019 08:52 - whether you're frequently blocked by accounts you interact with
So if lots of people were to block lots of 'troll accounts' coming from the same IP, replies from those accounts would stop being seen by others who did not realise that the account was a troll. That sound like an excellent strategy from Twitter, but no doubt the hardened trolls will find ways round Twitters algorithms.

Personally I have always disliked Twitter and I think it has had a hugely negative impact on respectful debate, fact-based policy making, democracy and accountability. I wish more people would disengage from Twitter, just like they do for the most harmful internet forums and tabloid newspapers.
Nic

Post by Nic »

michael wrote: 8 Oct 2019 11:29 Personally I have always disliked Twitter and I think it has had a hugely negative impact on respectful debate, fact-based policy making, democracy and accountability. I wish more people would disengage from Twitter, just like they do for the most harmful internet forums and tabloid newspapers.
I've got to the stage where I would happily permanently delete my Twitter account, but as things stand with recent events I have to keep a record of historical interactions. I hate Twitter now though. The only online space I feel happy to be part of these days, where everyone is completely respectful to one another, is a secret, closed, women's only Facebook group with about 40 members who have a particular shared interest. I think this is a general trend (along with WhatsApp groups) as people are completely turned off by the toxicity on Twitter, forums, other FB groups etc. It's good for accountability and mental health, but of course it does create even more entrenched echo chambers.