Working on the railway?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
alywin

Working on the railway?

Post by alywin »

Is the racket currently outside due to work being carried out on the railway (Syd-Croydon)? If so, it's been going on (on and off) since about 8 am, I think. Last time there was major work being carried out at night they did at least have the decency to give us advance warning :( .
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Working on the railway?

Post by JGD »

I know that some Forest hill residents received prior notification of the works on the railway.

I think they were also warned that there might be overnight working.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Just realised that the noise I can hear out the back is likely to be more railway engineering works (Penge East line), despite the fact that it feels as though it's coming from 180° the wrong direction! Thank heavens for double glazing, is all I can say.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Ugh. I'd forgotten I'd started this thread. They're working on the Sydenham line today, and no notification to residents, so I hope that means they'll be finishing before the time people are expected to be going to bed, because it's quite loud. The sound's bouncing all round the "toastrack" area again, and it's quite difficult to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from.
alywin

Post by alywin »

10 to 11, and all seems quiet now. Not sure whether they've actually finished, or whether they've just moved up or down the line out of earshot :)