Robbery at newsagent

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
El Cid

Robbery at newsagent

Post by El Cid »

I heard today that the small newsagent opposite The Greyhound was robbed at around 5 pm yesterday. A guy (black with a beard and wearing a hood with a baseball cap underneath it), who claimed to have a knife, grabbed money from the till and ran off.
Parker1970

Re: Robbery at newsagent

Post by Parker1970 »

El Cid wrote: 12 Sep 2019 11:47 I heard today that the small newsagent opposite The Greyhound was robbed at around 5 pm yesterday. A guy (black with a beard and wearing a hood with a baseball cap underneath it), who claimed to have a knife, grabbed money from the till and ran off.
Yes, this is true, the owner told me this morning. He got away with around £200
mosy

Post by mosy »

As a regular if not necessarily frequent customer of the newsagent, I asked today if there had been any news on catching the robber. Seemingly, the robber attempted to rob another local shop a couple of days later but was hit at the back of the head during the incident, an injury from which he later died. Although this is hearsay, assuming true, much distress all round.

Edit PS: The initial newsagent was told he'd get a visit from the police within 48 hours to take details. This 48 hr thing was mentioned just now in another thread. What's the good of turning up after 2 days?
rustya

Post by rustya »

what a shame, the poor blighter bought it.