New small coffee shop inside Dragonfly Yoga

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JMLF

New small coffee shop inside Dragonfly Yoga

Post by JMLF »

Opening Saturday just inside Dragonfly - supplied by Roar Snack Company - my guess would be coffee alongside fresh juices and healthy snacks (imagine may include protein balls and vegan things amongst the usual?) but just guessing!

Quite a big calm space so may be a good spot for a cheeky quiet bit of “me” time :lol:
El Cid

Re: New small coffee shop inside Dragonfly Yoga

Post by El Cid »

I'm doubtful that many people will venture into Dragonfly Yoga just for a coffee or juice. It doesn't look the most inviting of places. It looks dull rather than cheerful and, somewhat clinical, and, given the size of the "reception" area, which looks like a rather downmarket hotel lobby, slightly intimidating to walk into.

Before it opened, the person behind it, in a desperate attempt to get publicity, said in the News Shopper that having a yoga studio in Sydenham would help tackle knife crime, adding for good measure that Sydenham had a lot of gangs. Oh, really.

I also wonder how Dragonfly will make a profit, given how much the rent and rates for such a large site must cost (the yoga studio, I believe, is in the basement). To make a site like this pay you will need an awful lot of people through the doors each week, and I see little sign of that when I walk past each day. And there's another yoga studio scheduled to open further down Sydenham Road.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

El Cid wrote: 8 Nov 2019 22:59

Before it opened, the person behind it, in a desperate attempt to get publicity, said in the News Shopper that having a yoga studio in Sydenham would help tackle knife crime, adding for good measure that Sydenham had a lot of gangs. Oh, really.

Yeah, but no. All the profits from the two Dragonfly yoga studios go to GMax Trackstars which promotes social inclusion for young people through sports.

https://www.gmaxtrackstars.com/
vizzle

Post by vizzle »

If you think it looks intimidating, pop in. I can guarantee you a friendly hello and a tour, because I'm one of the volunteers there.

I've been going since the first week it opened and it's building up a nice community. I think their first priority was to get the classes up and running (they're great, by the way), then transform the top floor from somewhere that looks like an office to a place where everyone's welcome to come in for a coffee and a chat.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Believe the food and drink offerings should be starting this Saturday. From having a look I spied:
Coffees
Juices
Protein Shakes
Soft drinks
Protein bites
Hot sandwiches
Cold snacks (I think!)

Agree with the above - classes are great and the volunteers are very friendly and helpful. Planning on treating myself for Christmas to a massage in one of the treatment rooms methinks!