Sydenham Info goes IPv6

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
stuart

Sydenham Info goes IPv6

Post by stuart »

I have made https://sydenham.info available through IPv6. Most ISPs are still stuck on IPv4 which is a problem as we have run out of IPv4 addresses. However, your ISP may be an exception and you can tell if you are accessing Sydenham Info by ISPv4 or ISPv6 by looking under the IPv6 button for your IP address at the bottom of each page.

IPv4 addresses look like this: 123.123.123.123
IPv6 addresses look like this: 1234:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::123

I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has an IPv6 address.

Stuart
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Sydenham Info goes IPv6

Post by JGD »

Stuart

Looks like I am one.

Your IP: 2a00:23c6:5e03:ca01:3595:61dd:66eb:b246

Interestingly grotty pic of the ol' gasometers btw - wonder where that came from.
stuart

Post by stuart »

A WHOIS of that ip address tells me you are with BT. So they, of all people, are doing IPv6. Well I never. Perhaps it's time to take it more seriously and roll it out to all our gasometer related websites!

Stuart

JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Can't be sure precisely when it happened. I have had FTTP for a couple of years now and took delivery of their SmartHub 2 in recent months. Sometime shortly thereafter I noticed the IPv6 option had been activated.

Not sure if activation is Hub-type dependent.
JGD

Post by JGD »

The way you present the news link summary on https://sydenham.info is very attractive.

Good work.
mikej

Post by mikej »

BTW, one of the three Sydenham councillors has stepped down, so you could alter that aspect. Liam and Chris are still in post.