CBRE say Bromley is best borough for wellbeing

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

CBRE say Bromley is best borough for wellbeing

Post by JGD »

In an Evening Standard piece, Bromley in south London has been crowned best borough for wellbeing, according to a new report from property group CBRE.

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/prop ... 35776.html

Factors such as parkland, health care facilities and sports amenities are evaluated in the report.

Bromley has more than 86,000sq ft of open space which makes up nearly 60 per cent of the borough. It borders the Kentish countryside yet has fast links into the City and Victoria and also has 954 sports facilities.
Top five London boroughs for wellbeing
1. Bromley
2. Barnet
3. Hillingdon
4. Enfield
5. Redbridge
Robin Orton

Re: CBRE say Bromley is best borough for wellbeing

Post by Robin Orton »

It's full of unpleasant people though.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Well thank you very much! I live in Bromley Borough.

That's a rather un Robin Orton sort of comment.

Mike
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Sorry, I lapsed into lazy stereotyping. I accept that it's quite possible to be posh without being particularly unpleasant.
parker

Post by parker »

Robin Orton wrote: 4 Jan 2020 17:10 It's full of unpleasant people though.
The overspill from Lewisham borough you’re beginning to see in Bromley you mean?
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

The aspirant posh who can't afford Hall Lane or the Thorpes and so have to move further out to avoid us Lewisham riff-raff, you mean?
parker

Post by parker »

Robin Orton wrote: 5 Jan 2020 15:41 The aspirant posh who can't afford Hall Lane or the Thorpes and so have to move further out to avoid us Lewisham riff-raff, you mean?
Not sure anyone would rather Hall Lane or the Thorpes when they could have Keston, Langley and Farnborough Parks and not have the feeling they’re going to be stabbed every time they pop to their local shops.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

parker wrote: 5 Jan 2020 20:27 ...and not have the feeling they’re going to be stabbed every time they pop to their local shops.
I've lived in Sydenham (Lewisham) for nearly forty years, and have never once had this feeling. Sorry to hear you have, Parker. Where exactly were you living at the time?
stuart

Post by stuart »

Robin Orton wrote: 5 Jan 2020 22:35
parker wrote: 5 Jan 2020 20:27 ...and not have the feeling they’re going to be stabbed every time they pop to their local shops.
I've lived in Sydenham (Lewisham) for nearly forty years, and have never once had this feeling. Sorry to hear you have, Parker. Where exactly were you living at the time?
I've only lived here 36 years with thousands of trips to our high street shops and have yet to be stabbed. I was mugged once in Dulwich so clearly that's the place to avoid.

Hall Lane Robin? I thought Hall Drive was the place for Sydenham's hoi polloi.

Stuart
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

stuart wrote: 6 Jan 2020 00:04

Hall Lane Robin? I thought Hall Drive was the place for Sydenham's hoi polloi.

Stuart
You're right of course, Stuart. Sorry. My excuse is that it's a street I dream of rather than visit, and names often get a bit mixed up in dreams.

But I thought its USP was that it was somewhere where you could avoid οἱ πόλλοι?