kinleigh folkard & hayward

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
gillyjp

kinleigh folkard & hayward

Post by gillyjp »

I was wondering if KFH will ever move into the vacant unit opposite The Greyhound? They appear to be enjoying the advertising of their Estate Agents on the side of the building and reassuring us that they are 'opening soon'. I think that must have been at least two years ago. If they are not going to open, which appears to be the case, surely this unit should be put back into the mix for rental? Or are KFH paying a tidy weekly sum for this rather blatant form of advertising whilst keeping the site empty? Seems a shame as this area of Sydenham has been scrubbing up well just lately and we could do with another business to open up, to set us firmly on the list of local business success stories to hit the headlines and bring the punters in from far and wide.

Dare I ask Sydenham Society (At the heart of all things Sydenham related that are a little hush hush) of they know of any reasons why this estate agents still haven't opened up and what is going on?
alywin

Re: kinleigh folkard & hayward

Post by alywin »

There's a previous thread on this somewhere ...

Edit: In fact, started by yourself:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18471&p=184464&hili ... rd#p184464
gillyjp

Re: kinleigh folkard & hayward

Post by gillyjp »

Thanks for responding. Seems we are still clueless on this and two years down the line no progress has been made. However now Brexit has actually happened (this was their excuse for not moving forward - to see how the housing market stacks up). They are therefore a long way off moving in, given that there is going to be a transition stage on all things Brexit related and things will remain the same. How dull for poor old Sydenham.

I'll chase it up in a year's time then shall I? Or maybe two years since the wheels of progress in Lewisham borough grind incredibly slowly.