242 kirkdale road

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Ethanhunt77

242 kirkdale road

Post by Ethanhunt77 »

Hi there,

New to the forum and just wanted to know how can i find out who the landlord of 242 kirkdale is - I think there was a removal company called KV removals who moved to Penge and if the shop is available to rent i would like to get more info.

Any suggestions who to contact would be much appreciated
DanW

Re: 242 kirkdale road

Post by DanW »

Hi, this looks like an old advert, but they might still act on behalf of the landlord? http://www.gpcommercial.co.uk/sales/ret ... rkdale.pdf
Ethanhunt77

Post by Ethanhunt77 »

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the link - I called GP-commercial last week and they said they haven't dealt with that property for a good few years. I even went down to Penge to contact KV removals who occupied the unit till a month ago and who have now moved to see if they could provide me details but KV Removals in Penge is always locked and the person in charge doesn't pick up calls. I even asked Robinson Jackson the estate agents and they had no clue.
mosy

Post by mosy »

I could be talking through my hat but I'd have thought the land registry would show the legal ownership. Alternatively, the council tends to know who owns which commercial premises, but which department would tell you I don't know.
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

I have found that asking the Business Rating Department to forward a sealed stamped envelope to the owner/tenant. Remember the person you've been trying to contact may not be the owner and indeed may have an interest in keeping the property unused. Address your letter 'To whom it may concern" and mention the property but the local authority will, in secret, put on the address the letter is to go to.
Most surefire way of getting details of frehold ownership and any long leases is the Land Registry Website