Flu-Jabs @ Sydenham Green now Covid test compatible

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
alywin

Re: Flu-Jabs @ Sydenham Green now Covid test compatible

Post by alywin »

Parker1970 wrote: 28 Sep 2020 16:13Lets hope they sort the stocks out soon.. they are supposed to be extending it to 50+ years old.. if we don't have enough for the 65+ and vulnerable then there seems little purpose in extending it.
But there are two separate jabs, depending on age, so the amount of 65+ has no bearing on availability of the other one.
gerispringer

Post by gerispringer »

i easily booked my flu jab at Sydenham Green via the patient access website. I also easily booked a same day telephone GP appointment and was invited into a next day face to face appointment. Good service.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Yes, but has anyone tried booking a blood test recently?
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Are you over 65 though? I just tried booking again and was told that my surgery do not have the vaccines yet?
GFA

Post by GFA »

The surgery now has the vaccine for the under 65s. (Earlier in the week they also had the vaccines for the over 65s and children).
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

alywin wrote: 6 Oct 2020 00:28 Yes, but has anyone tried booking a blood test recently?
Received official notification from my surgery this morning:
Due to a problem with supplies, it will not be possible to have most blood tests done for the time being, unless urgent.

If you are due to have a blood test done, unless it is just a full blood count (FBC), please delay having the test done for the time being.
There is no statement about how widespread this is or whether it affects all phlebotomy units.