NEW SIGHTINGS OF THE SYDENHAM PANTHER

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
pip

NEW SIGHTINGS OF THE SYDENHAM PANTHER

Post by pip »

Just wondered has there been any.
MATILDA

Re: NEW SIGHTINGS OF THE SYDENHAM PANTHER

Post by MATILDA »

I did hear a strange wild cat yowling outside yesterday and my cat certainly pricked up her ears but I think it’s a bit far fetched
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

I thought this was a joke, then I googled it. I had no idea I lived in such an area....

Time to move back in with mum... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

In proposing to move back in with mum, are you revealing some little known fact?

Don't they eat mums too or do have mums have yet another mystical trick squirreled away in their bags of magic?
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

JGD wrote: 31 Dec 2020 09:10 In proposing to move back in with mum, are you revealing some little known fact?

Don't they eat mums too or do have mums have yet another mystical trick squirreled away in their bags of magic?
Or are mums bait? :lol: :lol:
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

Sydenham Panther aka The Beast of Sydenham.

The following understated article from back when captures the mood perfectly- Fear stalks the streets of Sydenham.. especially like the reference to blossom filled streets! Very Midsummer Murders.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/mar ... ickbarkham

If the beast is still on the prowl expect it to have serious dietary issues as it's no doubt been living of discarded kebabs and McDonald's...

On a serious note it brings back memories I wish I could forget, particularly remember my elderly neighbour who saw the Beast saying to me- 'Sometimes that beast looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about the beast is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then'… I still have sleepless nights now just thinking about it