Concerning Chris Beach

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
stuart

Concerning Chris Beach

Post by stuart »

Shining a light on the curious conduct of Chris Beach, owner of se23 & se26.life who has launched many untruthful and unjustified attacks on me and others. It shows him formulating yet another 'forum war' seeking to divide us. It's here: https://stuartgrove.com/.

I won't be discussing Chris on STF but if you have any questions do pose them below and I will answer them on-site. If anyone wants to help in ending this madness please contact me.

With sadness,
Stuart

EDIT: within minutes just had my SE23.life deactivated, given a 1,000 year ban (to a 71 year old) and declared a 'SOCKPUPPET''. I will forgive the mods who obviously not given time to consult or me to defend something that is blatantly untrue. But tthere you have it - if you need more evidence about Chris' ability to defame and rule without accountability - then there you are.
Robin Orton

Re: Concerning Chris Beach

Post by Robin Orton »

i don't know why Chris and Stuart hate each other so much (apart from the fact that they own rival websites, which ought not really to be a reason) and don't want to. But if they want a scrap, I wish they'd go and have it behind the bike sheds or somewhere. I, and I suspect others, really don't want to have to watch their mudslinging here. It brings the forum into disrepute.
stuart wrote: 7 Sep 2020 12:27 If anyone wants to help in ending this madness please contact me.
This is my contribution.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Robin Orton wrote: 7 Sep 2020 20:53 But if they want a scrap, I wish they'd go and have it behind the bike sheds or somewhere. I, and I suspect others, really don't want to have to watch their mudslinging here. It brings the forum into disrepute.
First there is no hate on Stuart's part. And for those many who know him, that fact will be known to them already.

And that "somewhere" has been selected and created with the specific intent of removing any debate or dispute from this forum.

Specifically to avoid this open and balanced forum becoming a target, although how a forum is brought into "disrepute" eludes me and from my perspective at least, perhaps was not highest on any list of concerns.
Stuart Grove elsewhere wrote: Why? Well I've been doing online discussion groups for more than twenty five years. One expects, gets used to and ultimately accepts abuse and even the occasional stalker. If it was just me - it's the kind of thing you would just shrug off and move on. But it isn't. You don't have to go far to see many other people claiming similar actions from Chris.
The selected place is intended to be a reference point or a way-marker for anyone who has accidentally and unexpectedly found themselves being subject of abuse and attack.

Perhaps this will only mean something to those who have experienced these things first hand. This esteemed forum has been a repository for some reports of abuse and attack that some might find the quantum being so numerous that they cannot be reasonably ignored.

Posters known to us and are not strangers on here, have expressed fear of becoming a target. Perhaps their views need some consideration and where do they go for assistance?

That place is intended to help those posters a little and to prevent this haven becoming a non-existent battlefield in an imaginary forum war.
Nic

Post by Nic »

So Chris Beach has now left SE23.Life and the SE23 neighbourhood, but he's still intent on defaming me via an SE23 Twitter account (the account actually links to SE23.Life in its bio). Via a spate of vile tweets this afternoon, he has made the following defamatory statements about me (none of which he qualifies as opinion and are all stated as fact):

1. Jane Martin and I have bullied Sean Ryan.

2. I have repeatedly made lurid accusations against Sean Ryan.

3. I have turned local businesses against Sean Ryan.

4. I am full of spite.

5. I led others to attack him (Chris Beach) online.

6. I am manipulative.

7. I turned many against him (Chris Beach).

8. Police investigated me for stalking him.

9. I stalked him.

10. I convinced others that he (Chris Beach) faked "this" (police investigation?).

11. I target any community tweeters who aren't in my "sycophant gang".

12. I stalked his home and his extended family.

13. I threatened to pay his wife and baby a visit.

Add to this the repeated prior public statements he's made that I received a police warning/caution that are still within the limitation period for defamation claims.

On receipt of my legal letter, he will need to be able to prove the truth of every single word of each of these statements to avoid a successful defamation claim against him. For the record, I refute each and every one of these claims and categorically deem them to be false.

As an aside, it's an insult to intelligent members of our community that he claims that I'm able to exercise so much influence and control over their minds, judgments and actions.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Nic,

To be fair SE23_Chris has just removed all his Twitter accusations against you (and me) from the public domain. A good and sensible move.

Stuart
Last edited by stuart on 29 Nov 2020 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

The forum definitely needs a "Like" button.

To paraphrase an Irish comedian of some repute "It's the way you tell 'em, Stuart".
Nic

Post by Nic »

stuart wrote: 29 Nov 2020 19:11 Nic,

To be fair SE23_Chris has just removed all his Twitter accusations against you (and me) from the public domain. A good and sensible move.

Stuart
Well, we don't know whether he's removed them Stuart. He's just locked his account. I wonder why....?

Maybe one of us should take inspiration from the Chris Beach Sockpuppet Playbook and create a fake SE23 new business, Brexiteer or Parler aficionado Twitter profile to gain back-alley access to his locked account and see what he's doing behind closed doors?
Last edited by Nic on 29 Nov 2020 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.

Alfred Lord Tennyson
Nic

Post by Nic »

So JGD, how's life for you since Chris' departure from SE23.Life? Have you had your 1,000,000 year ban lifted?

Am I right in thinking he's still a moderator on SE26.Life, along with JMLF? I wonder what's happened with the sockpuppetry situ over there - will the new owner/admin be able to now see the bleak reality of all of Chris' little creations (and fabricated conversations)? Or did Chris have a little pre-transition "tidy up"? (which might explain why the handover took so long! :lol: )
Last edited by Nic on 29 Nov 2020 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
JGD

Post by JGD »

You appear to be as confused as I am.

I cannot now remember if I was banned on .life's SE23, SE26 and SE6 for 1m years, 1k years or whether the bans were commuted to 10 years.

Looking today on SE26, ForestHull lists himself as admin and casts Chris Beach and JMLF in moderator roles.

Never been sure JMLF knows this - there is so little activity on the SE26 site that the need for moderation never seems to arise to test the assumption..
JGD

Post by JGD »

Nic wrote: 29 Nov 2020 20:37 Am I right in thinking he's still a moderator on SE26.Life, along with JMLF? I wonder what's happened with the sockpuppetry situ over there - will the new owner/admin be able to now see the bleak reality of all of Chris' little creations (and fabricated conversations)? Or did Chris have a little pre-transition "tidy up"? (which might explain why the handover took so long! )
On the transition point.

Either during the transition, that is, as Mr Beach ported the data over to ForestHull's ownership, my identity was anonymised - not deleted - on both SE23 and SE26.

Or did it happen as the first act of ForestHull's new ownership after the data was ported to the new domain? Was ForestHull providing proof of his "loyalty" to his mentor as a pre-contract condition of his being granted ownership of the now failing and devalued .life brand?

It is not clear and remains without explanation from either Chris or ForestHull.

As might be expected, there was no prior notice that an effort was to be made to attempt to expunge my identity from the sites. No endeavour made to apply the soubriquet "No Longer Active" to my posts. As it emerged, the fatuous effort was rendered meaningless effectively - both my name and user name still appear in the bodies of posts - if users make a search.

But then, this is miniscule in scale. There has never been a funnier moment in my engagement with Mr Beach that beats this example of how he viewed victory over what he perceived as being an enemy.

On his unilateral imposition of the ban, he could not refrain from sending me a personalised message, with this actual statement, "Your voice has been silenced."

There was a fair number of friends in the community who thought it funny - and how we laughed at his stance.

And beyond the telling of what is a funny tale - it is of no consequence.
flavabaker

Post by flavabaker »

Am I right in thinking he's still a moderator on SE26.Life, along with JMLF?
I would imagine he probably still has more to do with SE23.Life than we are lead to believe

:^)
Nic

Post by Nic »

Ah, hello Flavabaker, long time no see! How's that Caribbean café of yours coming on? And did you resolve the issues with your renegade social media manager? :wink:
flavabaker wrote: 1 Dec 2020 11:21
I would imagine he probably still has more to do with SE23.Life than we are lead to believe
I have my suspicions too. I feel it's a great shame - and a missed opportunity - that the new owner hasn't taken steps to level up and make changes to firmly distance the forum from its previous proprietor, to reassure and persuade local businesses and individuals that it's now a reliable and trustworthy space that they can participate in. It really needs a huge "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT" sign plastered all over it. Even better, a complete rebrand. And a market research exercise - go out into the community and seek feedback, ideas, inspiration. I also think it would have been helpful for Forest Hull to have issued a new mission statement, setting out what he plans to do differently. But since he hasn't, perhaps he simply doesn't plan to do anything differently. I can't believe he is that short-sighted, which leads me to wonder whether perhaps his hands are tied in some way and that there's a puppet master operating behind the scenes.

As I say, missed opportunity IMO. I don't think anyone's ever had any issue with the platform itself, just the calamitous previous owner. Prior to the announcement of CB's departure, I had been working on a new website for SE23 but I put those plans on hold following the announcement in the expectation and hope that there would be a levelling up of .Life so that it was better geared for reaching its full potential as a community resource and tool. I'm now actually involved in a much grander and more far-reaching project with an existing big name in SE London, so I'm not sure whether I'll revive the SE23 project, but I would be happy and willing to speak with Forest Hull and share the vision I had/have for an innovative, gold standard local forum - happy and willing, that is, if I could be confident that Chris Beach is fully off the scene.

I have no desire to bash or criticise Forest Hull btw - I've met him in real life (he is definitely real, just in case there are still any doubters out there!), we chatted and laughed, I have no issues with him and I fully respect and honour his right to anonymity. If CB is still pulling strings behind the scenes, then I can't imagine he would want to see Forest Hull succeed where he so dismally failed, and for that reason I don't see that it would be in CB's interests to actively encourage a levelling-up of the forum. But then, maybe Forest Hull is simply happy with the status quo. And, of course, it's his prerogative to do - or not do - what he likes with the website he owns. But Forest Hull, if you're reading this, the offer above is a sincere one - and you know how to get hold of me if you'd like to discuss further.
flavabaker

Post by flavabaker »

Nic wrote: 1 Dec 2020 22:44 How's that Caribbean café of yours coming on?
Not as smooth a start to the year as we would have hoped. Undeterred from our negative public image, however, we shall carry on defiantly denying any further negative claims against us. I know a guy who can drum up any number of fresh social media accounts to boost our profile, so that should help. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?

---
Nic wrote: 1 Dec 2020 22:44 I have no issues with him and I fully respect and honour his right to anonymity.
Likewise, and I wish him all the best in what is likely going to be a stressful part time job over the coming months and years.
Nic wrote: 1 Dec 2020 22:44 then I can't imagine he would want to see Forest Hull succeed where he so dismally failed
Pride is one hell of a drug

---

Not too long ago an account popped up. Listed alongside the known moderators - another, more pseudonymous, team account exists.

This could be a totally innocent account for the use of all moderators, to have something to hide behind when hiding from their own accountability for their actions, sometimes they may make divisive decisions, and one could understand the desire to not link negative press back to their own account.

Or it could be a way to hide a wolf among the sheep.

greetings,

fb :^)

ps.
I am aware of the irony in my pointing out the potential shady nature of nameless accounts.
stuart

Post by stuart »

The SE23_Chris Twitter account is now public again. Looks like it has been pruned.

Stuart
Nic

Post by Nic »

stuart wrote: 4 Dec 2020 16:49 The SE23_Chris Twitter account is now public again. Looks like it has been pruned.
Thanks Stuart. It looks like he's deleted the defamatory tweets he posted over the weekend. I'd like to thank Chris for doing so and I will ask my lawyer to stand down. Hopefully that's an end to this nonsense once and for all.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Our own venerable Robin Orton on another forum called SE23.life wrote: If I could risk an ad hominem remark, I have in the past tried, with increasing difficulty, tried to give Chris the benefit of the doubt, but his latest post has pushed me over the edge. He is, I suggest, a malicious pest. He should, imho, be invited to retire to rural Kent and not come back.
This fairly innocuous remark has been flagged by some malicious, malodorous t**t from out-of-town.

But you can still read it - just press "View Ignored Content".

Solidarity with the Orton One.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

The post was, as I fully expected, flagged by a moderator. It has now been reinstated. At the moment we're not allowed to edit our old posts, so I've not been able to correct my dittographic 'tried' - apologies.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Robin - watched the Webinar last night.

Hugely informative and a number of local GP's engaged, describing their experience so far with the vaccine rollout and what their expectations are for the short term. One GP described her account of being a recipient whilst accompanying her father for his vaccination.

There was an across-the-board expression of confidence that no-one will be forgotten and asking that people do not contact their GP surgeries making enquiries.

The number of attendees reached the 500 limit very quickly and I believe there is a commitment in place to do a repeat session.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Yes, I was there too - it was excellent. Struggling however to identify the Chris Beach connection!