No hot water& New Economy7 Heaters to be installed-help!

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
davina1981

No hot water& New Economy7 Heaters to be installed-help!

Post by davina1981 »

Hi all, I've been watching this forum from afar but have only just joined as I have a query I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I live in a flat that only has electric power. I've had so much trouble with my economy 7 hot water and heating that I can't even believe it myself.

Just some background - my hot water used to run out after one small bath and that's even with the immmersion constantly on. The fuse box switch then started tripping and I called an electrician (recommended in this forum). The electrician was kind and offered advice without charging and said I needed a plumber as my element in the water tank was probably not working properly. Hot water stopped completely. Called a plumber in (not a recommendation from here) and they came, changed the corroded element and told me that my water should be working again (both economy 7 element and immersion too). Had hot water for one day then it stopped working again. Now I'm £240 down and can't get in contact with the plumber! :x

Needless to say I'm hoping someone can recommednd a good plumber that deals with economy 7 systems as I don't want to get burnt again - no more cold showers would be so nice!

Also, my heating seems to only work when it wants so I basically just use a plug in heater. With winter coming up again I want to install new economy 7 heaters but again was hoping someone has had this done themselves so could make a recommendation. My bank balance can't afford any more mistakes!

Sorry for the long winded text and thanks for any advice that you can give! x
dickp

Post by dickp »

I've used carrie from plummy plumbers. She was recommended by loads of people on the virtual norwood site.

http://www.plummyplumbers.co.uk
davina1981

Post by davina1981 »

Thanks for the reply dickp. I'll definately check her site out. Also, I've not had a look at the Virtual Norwood site so I'll have a look at that too! :)