Covid-19 vaccination bookings for over 65s now open

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Covid-19 vaccination bookings for over 65s now open

Post by stuart »

I guess I'm not the only person to have got text from Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust. It reads:

If you live in London and are aged over 65 or are clinically extremely vulnerable, you can now book your COVID-19 vaccination appointment by visiting www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or by calling 119, free of charge. Language translation services are available on 119. You no longer need a letter from the NHS, just your NHS number or date of birth and postcode. There are appointments available at University Hospital Lewisham and Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich. If there are no appointments available at the time of booking, please try again later, or wait for the NHS to contact you.

Had my jab!
Stuart
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Covid-19 vaccination bookings for over 65s now open

Post by JGD »

At 15:05 today, Kings College Hospital contacted me via SMS offering me an over-65 slot for COVID-19 vaccination. I had been an out-patient there in 2020.

Responded quickly to the specified email address and requested that they accept Linda and I for registration.

By 16:45 we had confirmations back for both of us for tomorrow afternoon appointments at KCH.

Will update you tomorrow and confirm we have had jabs and it is not fake.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

My wife and I, both KCH patients, had a similar invitation. We ignored it as we had already had our first jabs, via our GP practice. We also had a mysterious invite from the Princess Royal Hospital at Farnborough, which I gather is run by KCH - it saluted us as 'Dear Princess Royal Hospital patient', but neither of us remember (incipient dementia?) having been near the place.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

The invite asked me to specify which site I would prefer - Denmark Hill or PRUH.

You have confirmed my guess that the PRUH location might be Princess Royal Hospital at Farnborough.

On previous best estimates we were forecast to be jabbed on early March with one view that it might take until early June before we would be vaccinated.

We are at least now four weeks ahead of the previous best guess.

More power to our wonderful NHS.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Two successful vaccinations.

No after effects.

Seamless, positive and cheery experience.

Hard to believe that in less than 23 hours after KCH first texted us - the deed was done.

Tell all your friends.
alywin

Post by alywin »

So now we merely need to be able to confirm that it works :wink:
JGD

Post by JGD »

Two days in.

BH is on a mandatory twice a week testing regime.

Just tested negative this morning.

Result.
simon

Post by simon »

Got a text from Sydenham Green Group Practice yesterday and had my vaccination there this afternoon. Good set up, all over in 20 mins.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Pfizer or AstraZeneca?

Stuart
simon

Post by simon »

Astra Zeneca
alywin

Post by alywin »

Blimey. Still awaiting the vac for "over 65 and extremely clinically vulnerable", which was supposed to have taken place before the over-65s :(
simon

Post by simon »

Sorry to hear that Alwyn. I'm "only" 62 and fit and healthy. You should be ahead of me. Hope you get it soon. Where are you registered?
JGD

Post by JGD »

We are a household bubble of two, have both been vaccinated in the last week and are in the 65+ category.

In that same last week, we have received the following invitations to register for vaccination:

KCH - I was an outpatient there in 2020 - responded to them and asked that they accept us both as candidates which they promptly and duly did and we were vaccinated within 23 hours of the invite being issued.

Lewisham UCH - BH was an outpatient there in 2020.

GP surgery issued separate SMS invites to us both.

NHS lettered us both today (Monday) from a central source.

Obviously after the acceptance of the first invite the others were not required. It is evidence however that the NHS at many levels is being absolutely thorough in ensuring no patient is overlooked.

Every one of them was clear in the instructions about how to respond either online or by telephone.

Ours was a positive, seamless and painless experience with clarity being evident throughout. Our date for the second vaccine has been set.

Tell your friends.

Please, encourage people who may have doubts about these vaccines - all of the evidence from authoritative sources says they are safe.
JGD

Post by JGD »

alywin wrote: 14 Feb 2021 23:45 Blimey. Still awaiting the vac for "over 65 and extremely clinically vulnerable", which was supposed to have taken place before the over-65s :(
Hope you do not have to wait too long.

If you have your NHS Number you could try logging in to www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination and armed additionally with your date of birth and name - you may be able to book an appointment.

There is a telephone number, 119, and it is recommended you ring later in the day when it is less busy.

In the final para in the letter there is a third contact provided. The NHS Immunisation Management Service at 0300 561 0240. Not sure what their function is but if for any technical reasons you cannot make a booking you could ask them for help and support.

The letter is absolutely clear about the fact that if you cannot make arrangements yourself, it is ok for a family member, a friend or a third party to make contact on any and all of these channels on your behalf.
alywin

Post by alywin »

simon wrote: 15 Feb 2021 01:16 Sorry to hear that Alwyn. I'm "only" 62 and fit and healthy. You should be ahead of me. Hope you get it soon. Where are you registered?
Its not me that's the problem: I've had mine. This is a Lewisham case.