Covid Vaccine - Third Booster Jab

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Covid Vaccine - Third Booster Jab

Post by JGD »

Glad that I am hearing reports of local people on the vulnerable list are being given appointments for the booster injection.

It would seem that appointments are being used to "double-up" and do the flu vaccine at the same visit.

Good news.
Parker1970

Re: Covid Vaccine - Third Booster Jab

Post by Parker1970 »

JGD wrote: 27 Sep 2021 09:08 Glad that I am hearing reports of local people on the vulnerable list are being given appointments for the booster injection.

It would seem that appointments are being used to "double-up" and do the flu vaccine at the same visit.

Good news.
My chemist offered me the flu jab two weeks ago when I picked up mums repeat prescriptions so I took the offer rather than have two jabs on the same day when the booster comes :)

Touchwood pharmacy opposite the Greyhound are doing it if any one wants to get it out of the way.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Weird things are happening to my NHS App. Last week it had a 'Booster' section. First saying don't book until 6 months/you have had an invite. Then a nice big blue button to book. This week it's all disappeared. But then mixed messages are the current forte.

Stuart
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

Touchwood only offering flu jab to over 50s at the mo, or so I was told. I got mine at boots though
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Jollylolly wrote: 27 Sep 2021 12:18 Touchwood only offering flu jab to over 50s at the mo, or so I was told. I got mine at boots though
Free Flu jabs were always limited by age. It used to be 65 and over, it was reduced to 50+ last year due to covid.
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

I meant the ones you could pay for. I’m in my 30s and usually get one in touchwood, also last year. Usually just walk in and ask. This year they wouldn’t sell me one yet. I work with lots of little children who bring in all sorts so like to be jabbed. I’ve had flu once and it wasn’t fun!
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Considering I called the doctor about someone extremely clinically vulnerable and was told that the lorry driver crisis was affecting supplies, you may indeed have to wait until the vulnerable are all done. They had no idea when they would have doses for flu. Covid booster was yesterday and they were not doubling up at Guys hospital vaccine appointments.
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Received text message from Wells Park practice today to book booster jab
The link worked perfectly so booked in at Sydenham Green Health Centre on the 7th October
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

angela53 wrote: 2 Oct 2021 20:57 Received text message from Wells Park practice today to book booster jab
The link worked perfectly so booked in at Sydenham Green Health Centre on the 7th October
Im with Wells Park too but not due until November. Its always been seemless before, so I will expect it to be the same this time around. Flu jab done already as I am (just) over 50 :)
stuart

Post by stuart »

That's good news. Did they mention flu too? When was your second?

Stuart
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Had flu jab a few weeks ago
Had second jab at the beginning of April so exactly six months for booster at Sydenham Green as was last time
stuart

Post by stuart »

We were 8th April so I shall be text watching this week!

Stuart
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

We were invited separately by Wells Park practice to have a flu jab, but in fact got one (without queuing) at Perfucare pharmacy. Have now been invited to book appointments for Covid booster jabs at Sydenham Green. Ours is on Thursday. But will we have enough petrol in the tank to get us there? (Yes, I know we can go by bus, but it takes a lot longer.)
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Unfortunately didn`t go as smoothly as previously, computer crashed so vaccine data to be entered manually hopefully wont affect vaccine passport data
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

I got my call-up from the Sydenham Green practice for a booster jab exactly 6 months after my second jab. Booked a time for next Thursday. No mention of a flu jab yet. Interestingly my wife, who is a few years older than I am, has always been called for vaccination about a week after me. I can only guess this is because I have a more colourful medical history than her.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Booked for flu jabs at our GP surgery Saturday morning.

No call-up for our Covid booster yet.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

We had our booster jabs at Sydenham Green yesterday. Just as efficient and stress-free as last time. The volunteer stewards do a great job. They even brought out a chair for me to sit on while we were waiting to be called inside.
JGD

Post by JGD »

We had our original Covid jabs at King's as I was on their outpatient list.

My GP surgery has invited me to make an appointment for the booster and it is now scheduled for mid-week.

Linda has not received an invite yet.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I think you can still book a booster jab without invitation on the NHS website. It checks to see if the 6 months has elapsed.

Our invites came from the NHS even though we had our jabs at Syd Green from whom we have heard nothing.

We are planning to have our flu jabs at Touchwood this week.

Stuart
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

I'm due to move flat in November, but I am going to stay with my GP in Sydenham until I get my booster so it does not get any potential delay. I'm only moving to Anerley so not a big deal.

If anyone has any GP recommendations in the Anerley area (Near the Aldi on Anerley/Croydon Road) please do speak up... I'd appreciate it.