Christmas tree on the high st…

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Sydenham Syd

Christmas tree on the high st…

Post by Sydenham Syd »

…is pretty budget. I think this year’s is about half the usual size.
Please don’t blame covid anyone
Sideofham

Re: Christmas tree on the high st…

Post by Sideofham »

It is a veritable Christmas/ winter wonderland, I've heard tell it's the same illuminator who used to decorate Regent Street back in the heyday of high st displays.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sydenham Syd wrote: 22 Nov 2021 16:41 …is pretty budget. I think this year’s is about half the usual size.
Please don’t blame covid anyone
I felt the same when I first saw it, but now I understand. It’s got decorations! And decent lights! Which is probably why it’s smaller. I think it’s about the same size as the Forest Hill tree.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Could this just be me - but...

From published pics an Twitter and other forums, comparison of trees seems to show that Perry Village tops everyone on size this year (2021) - again.

FHSoc's efforts once more are artistically enhanced by a local artist - even has the anti-climb barrier spruced up - great effort there.

Could just be exposure setting in the camera but Perry Village tree decs and lights also seem brighter than most others.

'Tis the season to be jolly :D .
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Just seen a picture of the FHSoc tree taken from a different perspective - doesn't look Photoshop'd - and could actually be the tallest of the trees.

Judges may have to reconsider.