The Wood.........one for the historians?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
dannyp

Re: The Wood.........one for the historians?

Post by dannyp »

Finally Beatles in the Wood,
This has appeared just after the release of the Scorsese documentary about the Beatles George Harrison.
Link from The Beatles Bible, referring to The Wood and the release of George Harrison single, also the first anniversary party of Apple records previously mentioned by Jonathan Lydon.

The Hat Trick would be further confirmation of an interview with John Lennon and Brian Epstein.(1967) held again at the Wood while rented to a media company.
Radha Krsna & George Harrison.png
ajal

Re: Rachals Piano from my old home The Wood sydenham hill

Post by ajal »

dannyp wrote:Hello Jonathon,
Great to hear from someone who knows about the piano
The piano's history has turned out to be quite interesting and has become quite long story 1914-2009 i have pics of restoration work but large files have you an email i can send to?

The piano is now the focal point of my wifes piano school :0 and continues to inspire young talent

Kind Regards
Danny
Hi Danny. just back onto the site after all these years.... if you have a photo please do send it to
lyddon@skynet.be
Rulingia

Re: The Wood.........one for the historians?

Post by Rulingia »

This lovely thread has taken me down Memory Lane. Those photos are just as I remember the house. My grandmother Ernestine Bishop worked at The Wood for many years, until the house was handed over I imagine. She was Alan Lyddon’s secretary. My brother and I would go over and play in the house and garden. There was a secret passage that went from Ernestine’s office area to the conservatory. It was probably just the coal storage area but it was very exciting and very like a secret passage to two little children. We were at the Beatles party too. My brother also once fell out of a tree in the garden and broke his leg. That wasn’t so good!