Fox's pub

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
I hammer

Fox's pub

Post by I hammer »

Does anyone know what will become of the Fox's pub? {on Kirkdale}

I've always thought if it was done up nicely, it would be good a place to drink.
Pasta_P0cket

Re: Fox's pub

Post by Pasta_P0cket »

It is staying as a pub, was due to reopen in December (apparently) but clearly delayed. It's part of a small pub chain/group: https://towncentreinns.com/. Not expecting any food when it does reopen myself.
witchesrave

Post by witchesrave »

I live next door and have seen the plans. Fingers crossed it’s going to be a nice place to drink and get something to eat (they have changed the inside layout to fit a kitchen). Have repainted the front and are installing new, clear windows to make it more inviting. Let’s hope it works. Would be nice to have another place like The Greyhound & The Dolphin.
I hammer

Post by I hammer »

Yes, I agree, if done well, they will come!
Pasta_P0cket

Post by Pasta_P0cket »

witchesrave wrote: 14 Jan 2022 10:46 I live next door and have seen the plans. Fingers crossed it’s going to be a nice place to drink and get something to eat (they have changed the inside layout to fit a kitchen). Have repainted the front and are installing new, clear windows to make it more inviting. Let’s hope it works. Would be nice to have another place like The Greyhound & The Dolphin.
This sounds much better. The majority of the other pubs they own don't do food.