Train services - Southern - disruption till 10th January

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Sydenham

Train services - Southern - disruption till 10th January

Post by Sydenham »

This seems pretty drastic affecting services to Victoria and our own Southern Service via Sydenham to London Bridge.

Covid related.

There will be no Southern or Gatwick Express services at London Victoria, Battersea Park, Clapham Junction or Wandsworth Common until Monday 10 January.

Stopping services between East Croydon and London Bridge via Forest Hill There will be no all-stations Southern service on this route.

Please use London Overground services which will serve all stations between West Croydon, Norwood Junction and New Cross Gate.

https://www.southernrailway.com/coronav ... #timetable
syd

Re: Train services - Southern - disruption till 10th January

Post by syd »

Sydenham wrote: 30 Dec 2021 13:24 This seems pretty drastic affecting services to Victoria and our own Southern Service via Sydenham to London Bridge.

Covid related.

There will be no Southern or Gatwick Express services at London Victoria, Battersea Park, Clapham Junction or Wandsworth Common until Monday 10 January.

Stopping services between East Croydon and London Bridge via Forest Hill There will be no all-stations Southern service on this route.

Please use London Overground services which will serve all stations between West Croydon, Norwood Junction and New Cross Gate.

Well it seems letting covid rip through the population so that the bag of custard can hang on to his job for a few more months has its consequences and we haven’t had NYE yet!

Jan will be grim
alywin

Post by alywin »

I expect the staff at Sydenham will obliviously carry on telling people to change onto non-existent Southern services at various other stations as per what seems to be normal nowadays. The apparent lack of interest in anything other than TfL services nowadays is appalling. I wonder whether it's the same at Norwood Junction, where TfL, Southern and Thameslink are in the mix.
anan21

Post by anan21 »

Sydenham wrote: 30 Dec 2021 13:24 This seems pretty drastic affecting services to Victoria and our own Southern Service via Sydenham to London Bridge.

Covid related.

I will definitely check this out.
Thanks,
Online Marketing Services
Last edited by anan21 on 23 Aug 2023 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
Ianh

Post by Ianh »

Does anyone have an update on when services may return to normality?
squashst

Post by squashst »

No update that I am aware. I fear Southern is not particuarly fussed about our line as they are interested in longer routes and will view the Overground as providing cover.

It will be more difficult if the work from home gets removed at end January. Perhaps we need to write to MPs, London Mayor, Southern
SydCP

Post by SydCP »

Will the London Bridge stopping service return? I am staggered it has not already come back. If it doesn't return soon I will be writing to Ellie Reeves.
alywin

Post by alywin »

It was back last Saturday - but there were no Overgrounds instead.

Coming back through Victoria tonight, I noticed an almost-complete absence of Southern trains on the departure boards. Have Southern started cutting trains again?
JDR

Post by JDR »

I've just moved into the area, my house backs onto the northwestern side of the rails above Sydenham station. We are adjusting to the train noise, which is quite a bit more significant and frequent than we expected. I have read elsewhere that Southern is diverting some trains from Victoria to London Bridge. Is the current frequency and number of fast trains running through irregular/more than usual? Or is this quiet and things will be noisier once (if) the Southern stopping route starts up again? Many thanks