Its not over

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd

Its not over

Post by syd »

Hi all, the voice of doom and gloom here! 14 people died of covid this week, thats more that any other time in the pandemic.

There is a new variant called XE a combination of delta and omicron and its seems to be escaping the vaccine. So if you’re high risk like me best to get a pp3 mask and wear it indoors and out.

The press are not even mentioning covid anymore and I think the govt sees people like me as an expendable nuisance

Code: Select all

Deaths
Deaths within 28 days of positive test in Lewisham
AVAILABLE AT LOCAL AUTHORITY (LOWER TIER) LEVEL.
Latest data provided on 6 April 2022
Last 7 days
THERE HAS BEEN AN INCREASE OF 13(1,300%) COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS.
Rate per 100,000 people: 1.3
Parker1970

Re: Its not over

Post by Parker1970 »

I was just discussing this the other day. I currently know 8 people with Covid... that's more than at any time during the pandemic.
syd

Post by syd »

Parker1970 wrote: 8 Apr 2022 11:35 I was just discussing this the other day. I currently know 8 people with Covid... that's more than at any time during the pandemic.
Sorry to hear that.

The lifting of restrictions to distract from partygate is the most malicious act of self interest Ive seen in a government. Actually charging for tests, refusal to cap energy and the NI rise are right up there too.

This is a gangster govt
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

syd wrote: 9 Apr 2022 19:24
Parker1970 wrote: 8 Apr 2022 11:35 I was just discussing this the other day. I currently know 8 people with Covid... that's more than at any time during the pandemic.
Sorry to hear that.

The lifting of restrictions to distract from partygate is the most malicious act of self interest Ive seen in a government. Actually charging for tests, refusal to cap energy and the NI rise are right up there too.

This is a gangster govt
I cant disagree with that. They are relying on people using common sense. Well, I used London Overground from Anerley to Caledonian Road on Saturday evening. All seats were taken, I counted just 6 people including myself with a mask on.
Ghlpc

Post by Ghlpc »

Surely your not advocating another lockdown? I don't think the public have the appetite for that.

Sure, cases are high (although coming down) but this has not been replicated in deaths or hospital admissions.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Ghlpc wrote: 16 Apr 2022 06:27 Surely your not advocating another lockdown? I don't think the public have the appetite for that.

Sure, cases are high (although coming down) but this has not been replicated in deaths or hospital admissions.
I'm not advocating a lock down, but the relaxing of masks, the removal of free covid tests etc was too soon. Many will not or cannot pay for those tests and will likely go to the office not realizing they have covid and spread it... if that happens we could potentially face another pandemic and lockdown which i am sure we all want to avoid.
Ghlpc

Post by Ghlpc »

OK, but Scotland for example have continued face mask wearing throughout and it didn't stop cases rising.

Anyway it looks like the recent surge is subsiding thank god and it didn't translate into serious illness and deaths this time.
syd

Post by syd »

The 1953 deaths this week are higher than the Jan 2022 peak and this is before easter break. No matter what happens there will not be a lockdown unless there is a variant that kills 18-35 abc1.

Parker1970 wrote: 16 Apr 2022 12:29
Ghlpc wrote: 16 Apr 2022 06:27 Surely your not advocating another lockdown? I don't think the public have the appetite for that.

I'm not advocating a lock down, but the relaxing of masks, the removal of free covid tests etc was too soon. Many will not or cannot pay for those tests and will likely go to the office not realizing they have covid and spread it... if that happens we could potentially face another pandemic and lockdown which i am sure we all want to avoid.
Ghlpc

Post by Ghlpc »

I agree that's a high figure. Are they all deaths as a result of covid?
syd

Post by syd »

Ghlpc wrote: 17 Apr 2022 06:20 I agree that's a high figure. Are they all deaths as a result of covid?
I believe its better that one does their own research. You cant trust one source on tha interweb