Noise disturbance Jews Walk

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
witchesrave

Noise disturbance Jews Walk

Post by witchesrave »

There have been a couple of instances recently were a house/flat on Jews Walk have held very very loud parties late into the night (12am onwards) on a Weds and a Sunday. I’m normally not that averse to sound, being a London resident, but both times have felt inordinately excessive, especially considering that I live on Kirkdale, a fair distance from Jews Walk.

Has anyone else heard this? Last night/this morning was the most recent occurrence. The music didn’t start until around 1am and came in waves.
The Lady

Re: Noise disturbance Jews Walk

Post by The Lady »

Hi,
I was informed by others that it is a couple of houses down from the Grove Centre. A neighbour went over a few weeks ago, when the music was blaring (with a sound system) all the way through a Wednesday night and was given a mouth full of abuse. I heard several people contacted the police but they did not turn up.
bensonby

Re: Noise disturbance Jews Walk

Post by bensonby »

The Lady wrote: 14 Jul 2022 14:08 Hi,
I was informed by others that it is a couple of houses down from the Grove Centre. A neighbour went over a few weeks ago, when the music was blaring (with a sound system) all the way through a Wednesday night and was given a mouth full of abuse. I heard several people contacted the police but they did not turn up.
The police are not the relevant authority to deal with noise complaints and have no powers to deal with such complaints. The council have the relevant authority and powers and it is their responsibility. Obviously if other criminal offences are apparent (threats etc against neighbours and so on) then that is a police matter.