Lewisham Homes - Major Works

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
kiwijess

Lewisham Homes - Major Works

Post by kiwijess »

Is there anyone here that lives in a Lewisham Homes estate building?
We live in Ashleigh Point on Dacres Road and have just received a letter saying the major works they are doing on the property will come to approx £1.3m and our share will be about £34k 😶 If anyone is affected too we could possibly start a whatsapp group if there isn't one already. They make pains to point out that cladding work (external wall insulation) won't be charged which seems dodgy to me, that they're replacing the cladding at the same time.
RubyE

Re: Lewisham Homes - Major Works

Post by RubyE »

Hi Kiwijess

I don't live in Ashleigh Point but I do live nearby in a Lewisham Homes managed estate as a leaseholder.

My advice is to ask for an itemised bill. We had similar issues during our last major works, charged a lot of money for what appeared to be nothing. They took their time getting this itemised bill to me but when they did it was apparent that most of the work they were charging for hadn't been done. It was as if their billing was for a different property. They charged us for lift maintenance/upgrade - we don't have a lift!! When they refused to budge on the charges, I requested they did a walk around the property with the residents to show us what had been done (and where this imaginary lift was). They did and promised to review the charges. We never heard from them again about any major works after that.