Lightopia in Crystal Palace Park gone bust

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Lightopia in Crystal Palace Park gone bust

Post by stuart »

Remember how Lightopia took months to only partially reinstate the park last year? Well now they have just junked the installations littering the park - and somebody else is going to clear up the mess in what was South London's leading park.

Another blow to our greatest recreation area? Story here: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london ... 53419.html
Nigel

Re: Lightopia in Crystal Palace Park gone bust

Post by Nigel »

The park is fast becoming the dreary “ entertainment venue “ that it threatened to become when Bromley council and now the CP Park “ Trust” lost its way completely.
Lightopia was in my view quite ugly , looked especially awful in daylight and now is an eyesore that won’t even compost itself . The “ Trust” mumble on about “ every penny raised will be spent on the park “ (what does that even mean? NI contributions , redundancy payments for staff , debt servicing ? It’s obviously not spent on decent toilets ) . Does that include all the cost of cleaning up the mess that was and will I hope will never be again , Shiteopia.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Great. Just what the park doesn't need.
stuart

Post by stuart »

A tweet of the BBC London News report is here: https://twitter.com/BarryCaffrey/status ... 8638078977
And, again from Twitter, my favourite image:

And nice to hear from you again Nigel!
perryman

Post by perryman »

They haven't yet cleaned up the remnants of the Great Exhibition, so don't hold your breath...