Another night of noise near Home Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Newbie28

Another night of noise near Home Park

Post by Newbie28 »

Hi. I'm looking for some advice really. We live near Home Park and are suffering, as probably are many others, from the ridiculous parties that seem to happen each weekend, either in the park, the flats at the bottom of Champion Road or outside Bell Green surgery. This isn't just a bit of loud music. It is commercial speakers and screaming over microphones. Yesterday it started at 3pm and went on until 6am.

I called the police on 101. They explained that they do not deal with noise, that it is a council issue and gave me a number for Lewisham Council. I called this number yesterday afternoon and received an automated message saying that nobody was there and I couldn't leave a message as the voicemail was full.

The events pop up in a slightly different location each weekend but always around Home Park / Lower Syd. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

James
broken_shaman

Re: Another night of noise near Home Park

Post by broken_shaman »

Contact your councillor imo.
broken_shaman

Post by broken_shaman »

Another thought. Police may not come out for noise, but they will for drugs, knives, aggressive behaviour etc...

So make sure you press the right buttons when calling. ;)
Newbie28

Post by Newbie28 »

Thank you both. That is helpful advice. Much appreciated.
FrancesD

Post by FrancesD »

If you call the police, do not say you suspect the party is associated with any of the properties. It will be dismissed as a noise problem for the council to deal with. Say it is an unlicensed music event (which it sounds like it actually is) and report large groups of people.
https://news.met.police.uk/news/officer ... een-474523
https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/ ... 8530263426