Do you speak Japanese?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
pupak

Do you speak Japanese?

Post by pupak »

I am a freelance picture researcher and Im researching pictures of sushi restaurants for a book about sushi. Trouble is some of these restaurants are in Japan and Im having trouble getting them to understand me. Any Japanese speakers in Sydenham who can help me write a fax or help translate when I phone the restaurants?
Thanks
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

I speak a little bit of Japanese - but possibly not enough to help you!

If you want write a fax to say "Please send me a picture of some sushi" - then maybe I can help.

If you want to start discussing image rights in Japanese, then that might be a bit beyond me!

If there is a lot of work to do, you can try putting a request on the noticeboard at the Japan Centre in Piccadilly and a Japanese student would probably be willing to help out.

Sounds like an interesting job.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

There is a Japanese lady who lives on Lawrie Park Avenue, who I am certain would be happy to help you.

If you would like me to get you her full details, please send me a private message.
pupak

Post by pupak »

I have pmd you both. Dont know if its not working or if you are both busy at the moment. Would really appreciate some help and will buy you drinks or cakes or both in return!