social?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
bensonby

social?

Post by bensonby »

so, when are we having another social?

Anyone fancy stimulating Sydenham's alcoholic economy at some point?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Perhaps a pint to the first to 1000 posts bensonby?
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

yep, will try and make any suggested date.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

i would be up for it, but would encourage 'newbies' to come along also It's good to see familiar faces, but i would like see some new faces too...

(no, Not Rod Stewart)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm currently doing my bit propping up the Spanish alcohol industry - well what do you do after another exhausting day on a hot beach?

Sadly its not going to last so you could help drown my sorrows at being back in blighty. How about the first week in November? Which would be the best night? And the best pub?

Admin
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I'm currently on holiday too.....but I'm back in a couple of days. I'll look at my diary and suggest some dates.

Again, I'll echo ALIB. Its great to meet up with the regular few...but would be great to see some new faces.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Ok, not a fantastic response..... All you regulars who hide behind your net curtains should come out to play. We're a nice bunch really...

As an added incentive Trawlerman has told me he will try to put in an appearance!

I'll throw in a few dates and we'll see if we have any takers:

fri nov 13th

thurs nov 19th

fri nov 20th

Any good to anyone? What date would people like?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Oh, I was thinking of the 'new' woodman to give it. A go....unless there are any objections?

So long as it still serves proper beer.... Admin and I can drink them dry again!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

A Friday would be better, for me at least. You're right about the importance of proper beer and I'll have to make an exploratory visit to the Woodman to see what's on offer.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

no other takers then?

Not even "the regulars"?
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

If its a Friday and I'm in London I'll be there - this could be the early Christmas Party I've been promising myself and it would be good to catch up again. It will also be an opportunity for me to check out the well toned bodies of the 5 a side footballers (who'll no doubt be on diet energy power drinks only) - and see if its an activity that I should take up again.

Tha being said - if its a Saturday and I'm about then I'll also join in.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

bensonby wrote:I'll throw in a few dates and we'll see if we have any takers:

fri nov 13th

thurs nov 19th

fri nov 20th

Any good to anyone? What date would people like?
I'm afraid I can't make either of those Fridays, but could put in appearance on the Thursday.
Sydenham wrote:It will also be an opportunity for me to check out the well toned bodies of the 5 a side footballers (who'll no doubt be on diet energy power drinks only) - and see if its an activity that I should take up again.
I think it's fair to say that most of the footballers are still on the road to being well toned. Too much beer mixed in with the Lucozade, methinks! But regardless, please join us for a game on Wednesday nights - all levels of fitness and ability are welcome.
oin

Post by oin »

I'd like to make an STF social but having bowed out of the last 2 I intended to make I thought I'd stay quiet and just watch developments (from behind my net curtains ;).