RELINQUE ROAD 1945 TO 1960 OCCUPANTS

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
DRAGON

RELINQUE ROAD 1945 TO 1960 OCCUPANTS

Post by DRAGON »

I am trying to trace anyone from the Hollis family who lived in a prefab after the war years in Relinque Road, Bell Green. I lived in the corner prefab No1 from the time they were built until demolidhed. My family lived there prior to the war and were named Overall.
Any help in tracing the above would be appreciated.
stabitha4

Relinque Road

Post by stabitha4 »

My father and his family lived at 7 Relique before the war.They were the Allen Family. He also had stepbrothers there named Baldwins.
Any body remember them or have any pics of Relinque Road?
DebMitchell

The Hollis Family

Post by DebMitchell »

Hi again, Have spoken to Mum and you are talking about my Uncle Frank who married Joanie. Sadly he passed away some years ago, but I have very fond memories of a warm and kind man with a lovely smile. He moved to Thetford and had two daughters, Sandy and Jenny. My Mum was one of Maud Hollis and Carnie Sparkes children. She's going to speak to Aunty Kath (Uncle Frank's full sister) about 'The Tully's' to see if she remembers you and or has any memories for you. Best regards Deb
rolyevans

Post by rolyevans »

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 21:31 Post subject: RELINQUE ROAD 1945 TO 1960 OCCUPANTS
I am trying to trace anyone from the Hollis family who lived in a prefab after the war years in Relinque Road, Bell Green. I lived in the corner prefab No1 from the time they were built until demolidhed. My family lived there prior to the war and were named Overall.
Any help in tracing the above would be appreciated.

My mum, Norah Killick who lived at 53 Porthcawe Road before
the war went to Haseltine Road School and was a friend of
Rosie Hollis.
My mum is 84 and reminded me that one of the Hollis family
ladies helped her when her mum, Ruth Killick died in 1957
Last edited by rolyevans on 11 May 2010 22:58, edited 2 times in total.
Deb Mitchell

Re: RELINQUE ROAD 1945 TO 1960 OCCUPANTS

Post by Deb Mitchell »

Hiya, My Mum is Patsy Hollis! Sadly there's only her and Aunty Kate left of the Hollis sisters. Where did you live and I'll let Mum know. Best regards Deb Mitchell
Clarky123

Re: RELINQUE ROAD 1945 TO 1960 OCCUPANTS

Post by Clarky123 »

Hi everyone,this is my first post on the town forum.I was brought up in Maddin road and remember the prefabs on the bottom corner near the LONDON CITY MISSION,I went to Hazeltine primary as did my father before me ,our family (Clarke ) lived at no 40 and we were one of the last to leave the street when it was all pulled down ,I think that was 1957 .? I was 11 then and we moved up to Sheenwood no74. The childhood names I remember?
Well their was,DENNY HARDS ,SUSIE FLEWSTER,LENNY HUMPHRIES .CHRIS ARMSTRONG ,DAVID WALTERS. My grandma Violet Clarke lived at no 48.Next door to us at no 38 was my "uncle" John aka Jack Pearce .He was in his latter years a road sweeper and I would wait for them coming up the street to the council yard at the top.
Would love to hear from anyone who knew me then .Does anyone have contact with my old scout masters family?His name was Eric Gilman and he lived on Longton grove,he had 4 daughters MARY,SUSAN,ANNE and one I can't remember, Love to get in touch with them.
Thanks everyone ,,talk again soon I hope DAVE CLARKE SCARBORUGH N.YORKS