lawrie park ave "tank"

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
stevejc

lawrie park ave "tank"

Post by stevejc »

Hi, I am having an argument with my wife (not that uncommon but this one you may be able to help with) we live in Scotland now but were born and spent most of our lives in Lewisham area. I remember going several times to Crystal Palace park by bus to Cobbs corner then walking (up Lawrie Park Ave I think) to the side entrance to the park .This would be in the early 1960s or even late 1950 s and I am sure (I think) that we used to pass a concrete slab on a roundabout that had what I seem to remember was something resembling a 1stWW tank sitting on it- my wife does nt remember it at all and thinks I am going nuts. Is she, in fact, right? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks Steve
Annie

Post by Annie »

:)
Hi Steve, There is still a concrete slab there but no tank, When i next pop round there i will see if there are any bolt holes in it and let you know.
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

where is the roundabout? It cannot be the one in Sydenham Ave as it has a large tree on it....or can it? WOuld be interested to know
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
That's the only one there is, Don't forget it was 50 yrs ago that is being talked about, hubby popped round earlier to have a look and took a few photos when i have downloaded them i will let you see the concrete slab that has been mentioned .
stevejc

Post by stevejc »

many thanks for the interest .Id love to see any pics you can get. If the plinth is still ther then it must have had SOMETHING on it at some time I do remember a tree but it was not that big , as you say was 50years ago once again many thanks steve
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
Hi Steve and Sydeman.
I have 4 photos but not sure how to load them? any ideas?
stevejc

Post by stevejc »

Er --no ! I checked the FAQs but didnt understand it to tell the truth and neither of us can post our ordinry email addresses as far as I can gather- you would have to up load it to a public site or something whatever that is .I wonder if I can just give my address, Ive no problem at all with that or give you enough information to find it yourself with out my giving it -or use facebook.life is sometimes just too complicated. Any way I will find a way some how. Hang on tothe photos!steve
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

annie, go to imageshack.com and upload them. they will give you links for forums which you can cut and past straight here and it should work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You may find this page useful: http://www.sydenham.org.uk/se26_lawrie_park_avenue.html

Admin
Annie

Post by Annie »

Thanks Lambchops tried that but couldn't copy and paste.
Admin: These are three images annie sent me: