The Greyhound - Again!!!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Sandra

The Greyhound - Again!!!

Post by Sandra »

Husband and I had a couple of drinks in Greyhound last weekend. It was a lovely evening, just took in the sun before it dipped behind the hill. Alas after two glasses of wine the loo beckoned.
Out of the four ladies toilets one had pee all over the seat, one didn't even have a seat! the third you couldn't open the door and the fourth had just enough toilet paper to wipe a knats knacker with. So much for the management. I was so disgusted I couldn't even bring myself to advise the management, who were from previous accounts too busy talking with their mates. Along with two much younger ladies who were also disgusted we will not be visiting the pub again. We keep trying to use our local but it is just not happening.
leaf

Post by leaf »

that IS disgusting,but if you didnt report it to the 'management' you shouldnt really bleat about it on here!

it is possible for all of that to happen in one night in a busy pub and the management might not have been aware of the state the toilets were in,although if it were my pub i would have hourly[at least]checks in place.

ALWAYS COMPLAIN AT THE TIME! :wink:
kster

Post by kster »

Leaf, under normal circumstances I would heartily agree with your point about complaining. However, having been to the Greyhound myself, I can understand why Sandra might not be keen to stand at the bar for 15 minutes trying to attract the attention of the bar staff, knowing that the chances of someone doing something about the complaint in a timely manner were very low.
leaf

Post by leaf »

kster

i know what you mean,but i think we are a nation of moaners,who do little and say alot!

i would have MADE them see/hear me!

but thats just me.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Leaf; Interesting comments on my bleating. Just for the record I am not a sheep. Perhaps in the future I won't post my views on here and just keep my findings to myself and let the unaware remain unaware until they find out how horrible the toilets are in the Greyhound.

Yes, perhaps I should have had a word with the management; that is if you can find her. OK let's advise the bar staff who couldn't give quite frankly a damn. I have complained before only to be faced with a blank look. This could be interpretted as 'am I bothered' and 'what are you doing in here anyway'. No I'm not bleating, just airing a fact and I thought this forum was for airing views and promoting awareness of our surroundings.
leaf

Post by leaf »

sandra

yes you are quite right,this IS for airing your views and i just aired mine.

am i meant to agree with you?if that was what you wanted you should have titled your thread 'who thinks the toilets in the greyhound are minging?'

if youve taken the time to write on here,why not bang out a letter to the manager/brewery?

but as i said this is a nation of moaners.

stop taking your annoyance out on me and be proactive!
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Knats Knacker, brilliant :lol: :P :lol: Thank you for brightening up my workday afternoon.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Leaf
Do you remember when it was Mothers Day? this year that is.

Ok at the Greyhound they had a 'Marvelous' evening the night before, took bundles of money and had by all accounts a blaster of a night.

There is a Sunday Lunch offer at this pub. But hey ho not on that particular Mothers Day. Fancy bringing Mum out for a spot of lunch only to find the kitchen staff hadn't bothered to turn up for work due to a brilliant evening the night before.

Oh and yes I did contact the management for an explanation; seems as they are to preoccupied to follow this up with me. The brewery don't seems to care much either which astounds me. Perhaps the upper management should partake in a drink in there unannounced sometime and see for themselves.

Sometimes, just sometimes it pays to have a go, but then quite often we are normal people leading busy lives and the drain of this is exhausting without having to constantly pull others into line.

I'm not having a go at you Leaf, I have read your other threads, you are pretty sensible as far as I can see and I'm not being patronising either.

Perhaps if you were to go to the pub with me and stand up for me?
simono

Post by simono »

Well I live nearby and have to suffer teh problems. I don't go in because I don't want to coplain in an environment where I will feel intimidated. So i try to phone. trouble is, what ever the time of the day or night the staff never answer the call. If that is their atitude to customer care or dealing with the local community then frankly they do not deserve to stay open!
It is a shame but an economic facr of life..
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

If it's too intimidating to complain in person what about online. I did a quick search and found this in 'howtocomplain.com', this bit specifically for Arena Pubs:

http://www.howtocomplain.com/cgi-php/co ... =3&ID=2992
simono

Post by simono »

Just to say I just spoke to the Area Manager - the pub has been sold again and the new owners take over in 4 weeks. So everything up in the air. I forget the name of the company but they own a number of properties in the area and are also developers! Current plans to run it as a going concern but given that the Area Manager for Mitchell and Bulters said that the Greyhound was one of the most problematic properties in ther national prtfolio you have to wonder what the long term future actually is!
aidy_b

Post by aidy_b »

The female toilets are one of the main reasons why we don't bother with the Greyhound. (According to Mrs B) they have been disgusting for years, and haven't been touched each time the pub changes hands. The male toilets aren't a delight either.
I keep trying the Greyhound in hope, but everytime I wonder why I bother. Let's see what happens with the new owners...
leaf

Post by leaf »

sandra

i would love to go and stand up for your rights at the greyhound!

maybe with new owners [again] things might improve?

i wont hold my breath[unless of course i go in the loos!]

in my experience writing a letter of complaint usually gets results,but i accept this might not always be the case.

if the new owners are reading this;

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE TOILETS!
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Ok, so whoever finds out who the new owners are, and gets the chance to speak to them, point them in the direction of this website and then they'll have all the info they'll need.
I have never been to the Greyhound, and its not likely that I'm going to go there til I've heard somthing positive on this website. I am not normally a sheep but I trust the opinion of the people on this site.