FALKOR...I know your tempted

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
leenewham

FALKOR...I know your tempted

Post by leenewham »

Come on...come back. We miss you.
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Considering at least 6 of you wanted me to come back, including Steve G, I have decided to return. What's more I am now a member of the Sydenham Society because Tim Lund was able to accept my membership fee without needing Royal Mail's services. I am still enthusiastic about history, and will see how I get on. I am willing to forgive Tulse Hill Terry considering all the contributions he has made over the years, which far outweighs his tactless and insulting behaviour at times. We all have our problems to some degree. Nobody is perfect, including Stuart, and I accept that. Steve Grindlay has a very big problem: he is too parochial! :lol: (my first comeback topic will be about this). I see there is a new historian on board named Kongi, unless he is part of Tulse Hill Terry's multi-personality problem or just a reincarnation of Joseph Paxton? :P Anyway, enough talk about negative problems (I have a full-time job working on an IT helpdesk). Thanks to everyone who turned up for the recent Crystal Palace walkabout (Greg, Simon, Thomas, Alib, Lee & wife), and together with Steve Grindlay's Croydon Canal event, I feel very much back on the scene after a few years away from this forum, a few weeks away from the Crystal Palace Museum, and a recent short bout on the SE23 forum that ended with no discussion. Obviously, Sydenham Town Forum is the place where the real Sydenham enthusiasts like to gather together and share their knowledge! 8)
Springfield Rise, Upper Sydenham
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Glad to see you back mate.

I still think some sorting of that Facebook page would be an awesome way to return. What a record of Sydenham Road you have uploaded there. Those pictures are incredible. I'm sure some STFers would be falling over themselves to see Sydders High St in the '60s.

Gregory.

(BTW, I nicked a few of the Queens Hall/Naborhood for my own devices).
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

No worries mate, that can be the topic after next followed by my new Sydenham Hill gallery that is nearing completion as well as Rare Crystal Palace Views (Part 5?) :D
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Fantastic. Falkor, I owe you some beers.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A very warm welcome from me too. I do hope we get to meet one day.

Admin
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

You're going to have to walk me through some of those old pictures Falkor...especially # 118?

I think it's of Bell Green but there's a road going off at a tangent that has flummoxed me!

lambchops

Post by lambchops »

good that you are back, falkor.
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Thanks guys! Great to be back with such a warm reception! Greg, here's the full pic, which is indeed Bell Green:
Click here...
tulse hill terry

Post by tulse hill terry »

Thanks for the diagnosis, I've got used to the insults by now . .

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... d16227baa2

Not having ever met konqi, I'll have to leave it to him/her to prove they are not me.

Live long and prosper!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Nice to have you back Falkor - thanks for posting so many really interesting pictures.
Konqi

Post by Konqi »

scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

hey K...

thanks for the laugh... if i was old enough to experience incontinence, that would have done it...

Falkor, welcome back.. lov ethe pics and wish I was able to still be deeply involved in syd developments...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In deference to Konqi & Scott:
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

so that's where he keeps his fishing rod.