Christmss Trees

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
ALIB

Christmss Trees

Post by ALIB »

Yet again I have found the Christmas tree sellers to be vastly over-priced in SE London. Yet again I have gone to Surrey to pick up a tree at half the price of a local supplier.

Please post any suggestions for local suppliers who are good value
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

I just went into Crystal Palace park late last night and cut my own out of the trees in the maze.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Are Christmss trees sold in that ever bohemian of drinking establishments 'The Two Half's' then ALIB?

(Think about it... :wink: )

I used to always get mine from The Dolphin. I'm not too sure how I feel about them being sold there but it's an enterprise so I supported it. It's not the cheapest but they seemed to last well. It does bring The Dolphin down somewhat but then so does cars parking outside it.

I'm such a snob aren't I?
nomie44

Christmas trees

Post by nomie44 »

We resorted to an artificial tree after seeing the prices when we moved here. When we lived in Buckinghamshire we paid £15 for a 6-7 footer. Maybe the price drops over the Kent border. Anyone know?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Nomie44, you hit the nail on the head. I wasn't going to quote prices, but our potted tree with roots (about 4ft) cost £12 from a garden centre in Surrey.
We haven't seen a tree under £25 in SE London yet. However, i do remember there used to be a yard by the southbound platform at Forest Hill station that did reasonable trees and even did deliveries. I haven't seen them there this year , yet.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

We've always got ours from Angie and the guys outside the Two halves, she's lovely and the trees have always been ace.

G-Man

(Couldn't bring myself to write Two ha-half-halfeeee-halves...nope still can't do it)
Savvygirl

Post by Savvygirl »

I'm off to the country tomorrow, so may try to pick up a tree on the way, but that depends on my hubbie who's driving. It looks like Sydenham may be selling them a bit cheaper than East Dulwich - I was quoted £30 upwards, so guess £30 is for the smallest, but that's ED for you!! A bit too trendy for its own good. I'm happy to pay £25 for a decent tree, so if anyone knows any going locally at this price I'd be glad to hear.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

i've just seen the yard by Forest Hill station is open and doing a roaring trade. Cut and rooted trees with free delivery
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Just thrown in the towel and bought a 'falsie'. Shame to say.
Just got cheesed off with repeated yuletide hassle.