5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Biscuitman, it might just be me and you.

I hope you've booked a discreet table where we can slag off the 'no-shows. '
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Sorry for not posting earlier - had some internet problems. I will be there tonight - hopefully that won't put any more people off.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Looking forwad to seeing you Thomas.

For anyone even half-way interested I shall be nursing a pint in The Dolphin from 7. Well, it isn't quite the same to start a curry stone-cold sober, is it?

Otherwise see you all at 8.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

What a nice evening at Gurkhas.
Sweat and spices are still leaking from every pore/orrifice. My curry wasn't particularly hot, but extremely tasty.
As for the 'sherry', i have no idea as to where its origins may lie. I'll put some pics up soon.

As i also stated, I should be getting some opposition from Carshalton way in the New Year. Lets get the bad weather out of the way first

Ali B

Right , pictures, here goes.

"Oh really? That's interesting" The poppadoms are destroyed and the lubrication gets underway

The lumberjack brothers. An unfortunate clash of shirts, (not to mention the table cloth)

Thomas and Ben await a new rack of 'sherries'.

"Drink this"
Droid (sp?) gives Trickster some useful advice for his early morning meeting with his boss.

Oh , you've been made redundant and need cheering up.......who can help? Some people end the evening in better shape than others
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Good post Ali and well done for bringing a camera to record this prestigious event. First time for me in Ghurkas and I will be going back.

There is still interest in playing this side of Christmas so if you fancy a game this week please post your availability by Monday lunchtime. Have a good weekend y'all.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

My first time sitting down in Ghurkas also. I thought the fare was excellent and will be going back also. I normally have 'pick up' from there so wasn't sure how it would compare. My food was perfect.

Alot of other eateries (dare we call what 'they' serve food?) could learn alot from Ghurkas. Good to see two of the single lads even managed to do a bit of sharking also!
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm in for Wednesday.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Aidan is out on Wednesday.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Good food and company but I am neither single nor shark..... :shock:
droidathon

footy on wednesday....

Post by droidathon »

I'm in - Even if I have to wear ear muffs!
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Me too. Looks a bit light at the moment - I'll have a word with the guys here and see if there is interest.
I'll let them know that 'The Red Mist' will be absent and consequently their shins (and lugholes) have an amnesty this week.
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm in and so is Paul
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Got two more - James and Ryan are up for it. Just waiting on Mr. Ric 'Italian Stallion' Rizzi.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Correction - James is now out, he's had some drinks do sprung on him but looks like Sr. Rizzi is in.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I count eight for this week. If you are happy to play 4-aside then I will book the pitch this evening. The kitty can take a hit. T
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I'm up for it as long as someone doesn't pike out.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

In the interests of keeping my reputation intact as a useless git that always replies late, I am also up for playing this Weds if the game is on.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Hi chaps,

Due to bit of age induced confusion at Charing Cross I ended up in Tonbridge last night instead of London Bridge and in the excitement of it all I forgot to book a pitch when I got home. Fortunately I escaped being hit with a penalty charge by the guard. That would have just rubbed salt into the wound. His look of pity was enough punishment.

I was also a bit of reluctant in booking for just 8 with the possibility of drop outs. With Trickster rocking up late doors and Ulysses playing his cards close to his chest we now have 10.

The upshot is that Goals don’t have a pitch available tomorrow for 8pm. They only have pitches for 6.30 (probably too early for those who have to travel from outside Sydders) and 9.30. They also have a pitch for 7.30 on Thursday if that is more agreeable.

Or shall we just call the whole thing off and try again next week?

Looking further ahead if we can get enough interest for Wednesday 6th Jan, Goals are offering a 10% discount on pitches for that week provided that it’s booked by the 31st Dec. I imagine most of us would be wanting to run off the second helping of turkey or escaping from those pesky in-laws so closer to the time I’ll be asking for availability for the 6th.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Just to explain my late entry...we were sitting on 4-a-side. I didn't want to say yes and end up with another 5 v 4 as we had the other week as it was a rubbish game so I went on a 'if you need me' basis.

As for playing and when I'm just keen to do as much excercise before I demolish the 3rd helping of Xmas pud and brandy butter so...

Tomorrow late or Thursday is fine with me.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Late Wednesday or Thursday are both fine with me (but would prefer the latter).