Post again!??

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Nickerbockers

Post again!??

Post by Nickerbockers »

I'm a bit confused, we had no post here on Saturday... then on SUNDAY a load turned up!?? I'm still baffled about that.

We had no post yesterday and today, and a 'recorded' delivery I know was shipped out yesterday has not arrived either.

I know it's snowy and icy, but I checked the website and they say in London it's mainly okay, and definitely that Recorded and Special deliveries are being prioritised and processed okay.

Anyone else having strange experiences with the post again??
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

My post comes in spits and spurts it seems (and lately, some CDs I've ordered just haven't shown up at all)... :x
noangel

Post by noangel »

Likewise. I was expecting two very important pieces of mail, both companies were adament they posted them. One turned up a week later, the other 2 weeks later. The strange thing about the latter was the sender sent me 2 letters on the same day one arrived 2 days prior. But as you say, the mail comes in spurts. I can go 2 even 3 days without mail then all of the sudden a big pile turns up.... and it doesn't even matter what the weather is like.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I too have had a couple of Sunday deliveries recently...

I thought I was going mad!
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

It's weird isn't it? They really have no excuse for the erratic post deliveries now... spose that's why they're not trying to offer us one! :roll:

As for my Recorded Delivery item shipped Monday, STILL no sign of it! And I'm not holding out much hope for today. I guess, coming from Lincolnshire, it could well have been held up coz of the weather... but it may just as likely be this end where the problem is! Guess I just won't know!? :?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I must say that our post is fine... We've had a healthy amount every day - including stuff from oop north.
multisync

Post by multisync »

Well on Saturday whilst looking out of my kitchen window I saw a posyie walk up the path and a"sorry you were out" card came through.Iwent out and called the postie shouting I'm in,he came back and I repeated myself he looked at the card and said oh is that you,muttered something neither my son or myself could understand.Proceeded to look in his bag,there was one packet in there surprise surprise it was for me.Is this yours he says,yes thank you I replied and I am not out.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:)
Just to say "well done posties"
I have also had a sunday delivery,and admire the fact they delivered in the snow and ice.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

multisync wrote:Well on Saturday whilst looking out of my kitchen window I saw a posyie walk up the path and a"sorry you were out" card came through.Iwent out and called the postie shouting I'm in,he came back and I repeated myself he looked at the card and said oh is that you,muttered something neither my son or myself could understand.Proceeded to look in his bag,there was one packet in there surprise surprise it was for me.Is this yours he says,yes thank you I replied and I am not out.
They're a law unto themselves these posties. The last 10 or so recorded deliveries I've had to traipse to Forest Hill. Fair enough, but each time I've been in. The bell works fine and I'd hear the door if he chapped it.

Pretty galling when I've paid for next-day and I've then had to wait until the following day to go and collect...especially as I've been in. Next time I go to the front door a 'sorry we missed you' slip has magically appeared.

'id 31' seems to be my chap...seems to have a bit of a fear of doorbells!
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

I've had that happen before, it is SO infuriating!! And that recorded item I was waiting for did turn up... he didn't bother buzzing my flat and getting a signature, just shoved it in with the rest of the post!

I know they're overworked and I sympathise, but for God's sake, we're paying for Next Day Delivery, Recorded, Registered etc and not getting what we pay for here... :x