Chicken shop

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
multisync

Chicken shop

Post by multisync »

This afternoon I was overlooking the back of Morleys chicken shop, they had a delivery of chicken that was left in there yard.It sat there for an hour at least in what was supposed to be the hottest day of the year! Then an employee came out ungloved or anything and proceeded to throw the chicken from cardboard boxes to plastic ones pausing between times to have a quick ciggie then continue before the chickens were taken inside!!!!!!
Please think of this before you have your next chicken and chips from MORLEYS SYDENHAM ROAD
Willy

Post by Willy »

you write that like you are suprised!
charlieandpip

Post by charlieandpip »

thanks multisync for the warning.... have you reported them to environmental health yet... sounds like they need to be.

And hopefully they get shut down and we have one less disgusting fried chicken place.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'm not surprised either.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. They will be the cheapest chicken, probably battery farmed, probably brought from over seas. You should have a pretty good idea what you are getting if you eat in places like that, but realistically the people who go just don't care.
LewishamCouncil

Post by LewishamCouncil »

I've just reported it on your behalf.
Thanks
helen.hilton@lewisham.gov.uk
lbere

Post by lbere »

Thanks Lewisham Council.

Do you all really think that this is the only place that it happens?
bigbadwolf

Re: Chicken shop

Post by bigbadwolf »

This afternoon I was overlooking the back of Morleys chicken shop, they had a delivery of chicken that was left in there yard.It sat there for an hour at least in what was supposed to be the hottest day of the year! Then an employee came out ungloved or anything and proceeded to throw the chicken from cardboard boxes to plastic ones pausing between times to have a quick ciggie then continue before the chickens were taken inside!!!!!!
That's nothing!

You should see the mounting pile of collars and leashes behind Tung Sing House on Sydenham road. Now that's 'food' for thought!
Yellow Peril

Re: Chicken shop

Post by Yellow Peril »

bigbadwolf wrote:[quote

You should see the mounting pile of collars and leashes behind Tung Sing House on Sydenham road. Now that's 'food' for thought!
I appreciate you might be saying that their food hygiene leaves alot to be desired, but this comment is clearly racist and I find it offensive.
You might also say that I am suffering from humour bypass, and, given my avatar, a little hypocritical, but your remark perpetuates the kind of racist stereotype that made my childhood hell.
Mostly, I find you witty and amusing, but this time BBW I think you have crossed the line.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Sorry, Yellow Peril.

I'll consider myself in the 'dog' house forthwith.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

BBW - YOU'VE BEEN OWNED - BITCH! HAHAHAHAHHAHA! :D
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

YOU'VE BEEN OWNED
Whether or not I've been "owned"*, bought or slam-dunked is neither here nor there.

But I will ask you not to litter this thread - and indeed, forum - with ghastly Americanisms, sarahc.

*Though I'm sure most of Sydenham's online community is raising a drink or two to the thought of my tail firmly betwixt my hind legs.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

Get a grip son and take a joke...... :roll: :D
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

You've clearly a lot to learn when it comes to reading between the lines, sarahc.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Great Bustard

Post by Great Bustard »

"but this comment is clearly racist and I find it offensive. " :roll:

how pathetic, another leftie apologist, lets guess who you'll be voting for tomorrow !
Yellow Peril

Post by Yellow Peril »

Great Bustard wrote:"but this comment is clearly racist and I find it offensive. " :roll:

how pathetic, another leftie apologist, lets guess who you'll be voting for tomorrow !
Haha!
Er, no, actually you're very wrong, unless you think I should be apologising for the fact that I am Chinese.
Doh!
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

I LOVE YELLOW PERIL :D X
mrs woman

Post by mrs woman »

After watching Gordon Ramseys kitchen nightmares put me off eating in a restaurant never mind a takeaway. When I do go out I try to pick anything but chicken as its bound to be cheap broiler chicken. Some time ago I found a website that was run by the council that rated the hygiene of all the takeaways and they got pretty poor ratings so no more takeaways after that..... It really is a caae of buyer beware :shock: