FIX YOUR STREET

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

FIX YOUR STREET

Post by leenewham »

I don't know if this has been posted before but I have had nothing but great reports from people who have used it:

http://www.fixmystreet.com

It's in use in Sydenham, just put in your postcode. It even tells you if something has been dealt with.

Admin, it may be worth putting this on a directory of useful links.

Interestingly, no-one has listed the 'artbin' that has organically altered after being hit by cars, trucks and vandals near the bus stop opposite David Lloyd Carpets. It's almost impossible to put litter in it, yet it gets fresh bin liners. 'Broken Window Theory' clearly isn't being practiced here!
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

I've used this many times Lee! It is brilliant for getting rid of old sofas and fridges that are randomly dumped and make our streets an eyesore.

Glad you've posted the link :D

Sarah
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Do things get fixed any quicker than when you report it directly to Lewisham via LoveLewisham.org?
lbere

Post by lbere »

Hi, I used fixmystreet on Thursday morning to report dumped household wares (bed, wardrobes etc) from the botton of my road. As I type, the items are being removed, yes Sunday morning!!!

Im not sure which would have been quicker, fixmystreet or lovelewisham, but I think that we should use both of these sites to report anything and everything to make our area cleaner and better.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

As far as I can tell, Fixmystreet pass the report to Lewisham, who then do the clearing. So it amounts to the same thing.