Crystal Palace Race for Life this weekend

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
mysti77

Crystal Palace Race for Life this weekend

Post by mysti77 »

Is anyone doing it this year?

I'll be there, the 8 month pregnant lady LOL. I ran it last year and somehow thought that I could manage it this year but seems like I'm going to struggle. Good luck to anyone else who's involved :)
randomv

Post by randomv »

Yes I'm running it too! Thoroughly unprepared but without big bump - hats off to you! Will keep an eye out for you on Sunday and good luck!

Vicky
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

I am doing it too!!! Most peeved that the forcast for Sunday is thunder and rain... :shock: !

It's my first time and I cannot wait. :D

Sarah
Belle

Post by Belle »

Yes, I'm doing it too. Good luck ladies.
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

Actually completed the Race For Life and the slight rain didn't start until after I'd left :)

How did you ladies get on?
randomv

Post by randomv »

Rain? I didn't notice any rain!!

Well done for getting round - no mean feat in late pregnancy

I finished the run in 35 mins which I was VERY pleased with, especially given my lack of training! More importantly though I thoroughly enjoyed it, the atmosphere was amazing with all the spectators cheering on around the park, and seeing my OH and little boy waving as I ran back into the stadium was just the best! Not to mention the £460 sponsorship money.

All in all a great experience - roll on next year!
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

yes, 35 minutes is great, I did it last year in 34 mins. I really enjoy the event, it's such a good cause with all of us women getting together to help fight the disease. I would have really been disappointed in myself for not doing it this year once I was given the ok fitness wise from my midwife so I'm happy that I made it.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

I had an absolute ball and WOW... what an atmosphere!

I came in at just under an hour as I stayed with my friend (who was really struggling with her asthma) and 2 rugrats! Next year I fully intend to run it.

What a brilliant day and the rain held off till it was all over!

Sarah (and her lovely medal!!!)
Jessie

Post by Jessie »

I also took part was dressed in my bright pink tutu, first time I have ever taken part in anything like this and had such a blast.

Have now got the buzz for it and will be taking part in the woman's challenge in Hyde Park in September.

Well done to all those who took part as a group of 4 we got around in 50 mins that was walking and running was over the moon for my 1st try.
:D
Belle

Post by Belle »

Well done ladies!

Yes, what an amazing atmosphere. I managed to knock 6 minutes off my usual time, thanks to my friend running with me. Look forward to doing the next one. :D