5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
droidathon

Footy - Wednesday 7th

Post by droidathon »

Hi Chaps... I was planning to be back this week - but I'm totally under the thumb and have duties to attend to!

Hopefully I should be back next week (14th)!

cheers

Droid.
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm not around this week
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for Wednesday
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thanks to everyone for letting us know that you're in. And equally thanks to others for letting us know not to expect them.

We're on 10 for the mo. As soon as I spy another 2 committments I'll book up the pitch.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Not averse to playing 5-a-side this week, could do with a gentle kickaround for a change. ; )
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Nor am I mate. BUT Rory (Sydenhamboy) said over the weekend that he was in...

So I'm not sure what to do for the best. If one more person confirms then we'll be 12. I feel 12 is too much on the 5s but that's just personal preference.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Well both Matt and Ryan are giving it a miss this week so that's it from the Balham crew, unfortunately.
You're right, 12 is a bit crowded. Who can we 'press-gang'?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Erm, well the difficulty is that 3 regular players haven't yet posted but of course they're not really that late at all.

I'm quite happy to book the 5s but if we hear from any (and indeed perhaps all three) then we're much too many for that pitch.

So, I'm just keeping my powder dry. I'm happy whatever pitch we play on.
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Sorry for slightly late reply (technically I'm still on lunch though!). I'm out for this week but should be back next. Sorry if this doesn't help the numbers issue...
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Guys,

Sorry I'm late but the good news is I am up for playing this Weds so that means we have even numbers I think?

However, if you have already booked the small pitch due to my late response, and are therefore over-booked, I am happy to sit out and watch the World Cup semi-final instead.

Cheers Trickster
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers Dickie,

I'll go ahead and book the 7s. I hadn't booked any pitch TBH, although my finger was 'hovering' over book for the 5s. Simply as we're in holiday season and people don't actually have to say if they're out for any reason - though it's always appreciated when they do.

So we're 12 and we're playing on the 7s. It doesn't matter if we become 13 or 14; if people want to play just post your availability as the pitch can take the flex.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Was a great game last week - I'm in ... sydenhamboy
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

My mate Banksy's expressed an interest in coming down. Presumably if he comes that makes us 14 (and yes, I will insist that he registers and commits to it himself!)
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Count me in as well please
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers Diamondmaker,

@Tarbs: I've engineered it so that WITH Diamondmaker we will be [currently] 13. So if Banksy would like to go for it; we're 14.

As they say in North London, laaarrrvlllley.

I hope I haven't done the wrong thing, we were on 12 as I'd counted Sydenhamboy already as he'd confirmed to me via PM but I was hoping both Banksy was in and I then added Diamondmaker through convincing him he was a) needed and welcome and b) it'll be better fayre than what the WC is serving up!
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I have no idea, I lost count some time ago. But if you counted Sydenhamboy in your 12 then i think Diamondmaker and Banksy makes 14. Anyway, he should be in the process of registering so it looks like a full compliment...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

It does indeed make it 14. Thanks mate.

Cheers to Diamondmaker and Banksy for making it a nice round 14 this week.

I've also let a bit of the air out of the 'cannonball' I bought so perhaps we'll give that another whirl? If people still prefer the Jubalani then so be it.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Sorry to leave it to the last minute, but Im unable to turn up this Weds due to family commitments .......... trust me, its one of those thingys that has much I try I canna get out of.

Sorry again guys.
Banksy

Available to play 5 aside this Wed

Post by Banksy »

Available to play 5 aside this Wed
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers Banksy. See you Weds.

If you're not coming with Tarbs and get there early text me: 07531 493337. Save you standing around like a spare limb.